Injury Report: Kurashev out for season w/ shoulder injury

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
He has been atrocious for a while, and I doubt that was injury related since I don't recall hearing about his sholder being issue since his play plummeted near end of Feb

Really still find myself not sold on Kurashev at this point

Next year will be make or break for him. If he doesn't show more the Hawks need to move on

Reactions: MarotteMarauder

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
I don’t think he’s been that bad. Just playing up past his skill level. He’s not a top 6 player. Playing in the top 6 vs top 6 opposition makes him look bad.
I’d like to see him as a 4th line pest. For a smaller guy he can be tough to play against.

Reactions: Muffinalt

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
I don’t think he’s been that bad. Just playing up past his skill level. He’s not a top 6 player. Playing in the top 6 vs top 6 opposition makes him look bad.
I’d like to see him as a 4th line pest. For a smaller guy he can be tough to play against.
Absolutely agree...see it all the time with players having to play above their role...
Career year tho

CanadianHawks

Feb 23, 2018
Put him on the third line next to Dickinson next year

He’s not a top six guy right now or close really

Drumman44

Kyle Beach Deserved Better
May 2, 2017
Our GM is going to go Tanya Harding on the whole team to ensure we finish last.

1680455930410.jpeg

Reactions: Mrfenn92

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
Put him on the third line next to Dickinson next year

He’s not a top six guy right now or close really

Kurashev reminds me of Sikura, and I say that as someone who liked Sikura. Both are "intangeable players" in that they do lots of little things well but they don't put the puck in the net. I think Kurashev has a higher upside than what Sikura got to but he's already 23 so at some point he is what he is and that point might be right about now.

I hope the Hawks resign him because i think he can find a place on the "rebuilt team" as a Swiss Army Knife type player with good speed and effort.

giza

Jul 19, 2011
There's more upside to Kurashev than he has demonstrated.....he seems to battle consistency issues, but when he's flying around out there, you notice him. Considering you could play him on a couple of different lines, he seems like a resign at a reasonable price, of course.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad