Confirmed with Link: Kuokkanen signs 2 year contract (1.825M AAV)

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
Happy with 2 year term, don't think Kuokkanen will have a long term role in NJ, but hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Good deal, we still have approximately 12 mil. in cap space which is impressive lol. It’ll go away real quick next season as big deals are likely coming up, but we’re not in a bad position at all I feel. I like Fitzy’s direction

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Good deal, we still have approximately 11 mil. in cap space which is impressive lol. It’ll go away real quick next season as big deals are likely coming up, but we’re not in a bad position at all I feel. I like Fitzy’s direction

We still have another 2 more than that at ~13 mil

Reactions: Devs3cups

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
We still have another 2 more than that at ~13 mil
That’s real good, with P.K’s contract coming off the books, we’ll be in a good spot for that Hughes deal, and our other significant RFA’s (Bratt, Zacha, Wood).

Reactions: Hisch13r

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
i like Kuokkanen but i think it makes sense not to commit too much to him. The endowment effect is strongest with depth players like him, IMO.

markog

Apr 4, 2008
Slovenia
Good deal, we still have approximately 12 mil. in cap space which is impressive lol. It’ll go away real quick next season as big deals are likely coming up, but we’re not in a bad position at all I feel. I like Fitzy’s direction

Subban's 9m drops off, what big dals are coming? Hughes? If he has another season like the first two he shouldn't get more than 4m on a bridge. And others shouldn't get a big rise either.

FooteBahl

Took a big shitz for Nemec
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ
Subban's 9m drops off, what big dals are coming? Hughes? If he has another season like the first two he shouldn't get more than 4m on a bridge. And others shouldn't get a big rise either.
I think Nico only put up 47 points when they signed him to his deal. I think Jack will probably shoot for something similar if not more.

Wood, Bratt, Zacha and Boqvist are all going to need contracts along with Jack next year. If any of these guys have breakout seasons, that cap space we are enamored with will quickly disappear.

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
even if they get $10m in a raise between the 4 of them that’s still $12m to sign jack

markog

Apr 4, 2008
Slovenia
I think Nico only put up 47 points when they signed him to his deal. I think Jack will probably shoot for something similar if not more.

Wood, Bratt, Zacha and Boqvist are all going to need contracts along with Jack next year. If any of these guys have breakout seasons, that cap space we are enamored with will quickly disappear.

Nico is playing PK and can play defence, Hughes can't win any draws and can't ply defence.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Nico is playing PK and can play defence, Hughes can't win any draws and can't ply defence.

Jack Hughes had some of the better underlying defensive numbers in the NHL among forwards last season. And who gives a shit about faceoffs.

You are kidding yourself if you think he is going to sign a short term deal for $4 million/year

Reactions: Guttersniped

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003

I honestly think that is a problem...How can you pay Jack based on his performance so far? Especially with Bratt and others waiting on a deal....You pay Jack similar to Nico you gotta pay Bratt in that Neighborhood too.

Those 3 ELC years are supposed to be value for the club before they get the big contract...We've burned through 2 of Jack's 3 years and got absolutely nothing out of it.

Jack is going to need a massive year this year to justify any sort of Nico contract.

Nico 3 years of ELC 135 points in 209 games = 53 point pace - Not great but not bad either.
Jack 2 years of ELC 52 points in 117 games = 36 point pace - Putrid - Gross - Disgrace

Last edited:

markog

Apr 4, 2008
Slovenia
Jack Hughes had some of the better underlying defensive numbers in the NHL among forwards last season. And who gives a shit about faceoffs.

You are kidding yourself if you think he is going to sign a short term deal for $4 million/year

Didn't you b!tch all last season how powerplay sucks because they can't win any faceoffs?

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Didn't you b!tch all last season how powerplay sucks because they can't win any faceoffs?

No, definitely not me. You must have missed the faceoff argument on this board from this past weekend.

I literally do not care about judging a player based on faceoffs....at all. The percentages aren't something I care about either way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad