Confirmed with Link: Kunin traded to Sharks

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
If we assume 'worst case' of $8.75m for FF9 then what does this realistically allow us to do in terms of 2nd line upgrade $? $5-$6m AAV or so?

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
I'm not going to complain about this, even if he figures it out in San Jose
I hope he does figure it out. No ill will towards him by any means.

I will say I had a complete sense of dread moving Fiala and thought it was downright stupid and wrong. I had a slight sense of "I don't think we know what we are trading" in Hartman. I don't have that feeling with Kunin. I think he's a replacement level bottom 6 player who has scored a few more goals in a statistical anomaly of a season which inflated his value.

predwings

Jan 26, 2011
Nashville TN
Glad we got something for Kunin. Surprised anyone paid for him after his last year but I'll take it. At least we don't have to worry about giving him a QO anymore

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
The NHL Network guys were just saying that a 3rd next year is like a 2nd this year because it's such a deep draft, so this is sort of like getting a 2nd-rounder for Kunin, supposedly.

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
The NHL Network guys were just saying that a 3rd next year is like a 2nd this year because it's such a deep draft, so this is sort of like getting a 2nd-rounder for Kunin, supposedly.
Plus it will most likely be a high end third rounder. Good job Poile.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Plus it will most likely be a high end third rounder. Good job Poile.

Initially, I figured that it was a pick that they acquired, but a couple of sites show that the Sharks had only one 3rd-rounder next year, so it likely is their own. If so, it's a bit surprising that they traded it, since they're likely to be very bad again next year, as you implied.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad