Michael Russo: Kunin Leaving Badgers; To Sign ATO with Iowa Wild

Status
Not open for further replies.

StateofCelly

Jan 5, 2017
No points tonight for Kunin, had some PIMs. Wild sucked, but he was the best player on the ice all night. PxP guy for Cleveland was talking about how he's back a future all star with all the skill, but that he was being too aggressive and in too many faces of veterans for his first game, and that he should back it down and show respect. What a joke. As a Wild fan or if I were him or management, I want him to act like he belongs and act like a leader and winner, he did. Took tons of crosschecks in front of the net and held his own, looked good on the powerplay and was creating chances out of nothing. Iowa had 52 shots and scored their lone goal in the last few min of the third.

Overall, impressive debut. Tuch was non existent. Bertschy and Carter looked good. Anas was only one other than Kunin creating, and got the lone goal.

Last edited:

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
One thing that has surprised and impressed me with Kunin is his toughness. Not the biggest guy, but he plays with an edge and seems pretty strong.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
One thing that has surprised and impressed me with Kunin is his toughness. Not the biggest guy, but he plays with an edge and seems pretty strong.

Agreed. Kind of like Parise when he came out of college.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
No points tonight for Kunin, had some PIMs. Wild sucked, but he was the best player on the ice all night. PxP guy for Cleveland was talking about how he's back a future all star with all the skill, but that he was being too aggressive and in too many faces of veterans for his first game, and that he should back it down and show respect. What a joke. As a Wild fan or if I were him or management, I want him to act like he belongs and act like a leader and winner, he did. Took tons of crosschecks in front of the net and held his own, looked good on the powerplay and was creating chances out of nothing. Iowa had 52 shots and scored their lone goal in the last few min of the third.

Overall, impressive debut. Tuch was non existent. Bertschy and Carter looked good. Anas was only one other than Kunin creating, and got the lone goal.

Thank you for this. Love hearing that Kunin played well and was aggressive.

Aceofspades

Mar 24, 2017
Finland
Hello guys, long time lurker from Finland joining just to have a say in this conversation. :jump:

I have been following this guy since only the draft but the guy has the "aura" and feel of something truly great, dont start laughing at gut feelings..
Have to hope it is related to playing hockey. :laugh:
If he can transition his game in to this league he will be a star but the guy has also natural born leader written all over him, the type that would carry the team to SC finals and score the deciding goal.

Weird first post for sure but there you have it, remember where you heard it first.:naughty:

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Hello guys, long time lurker from Finland joining just to have a say in this conversation. :jump:

I have been following this guy since only the draft but the guy has the "aura" and feel of something truly great, dont start laughing at gut feelings..
If he can transition his game in to this league he will be a star but the guy has also natural born leader written all over him, the type that would carry the team to SC finals and score the deciding goal.

Weird first post for sure but there you have it, remember where you heard it first.:naughty:

Welcome!

Aceofspades

Mar 24, 2017
Finland
This one is a nice clip I like, he talks very maturely about leadership and analyses the team.

But best part is 2:25, he does not even blink when he states he wants to be on the same level as Crosby and Malkin.

He has more confidence, presence, charisma and attitude than the present Wild team together.

Now he was just criticized about parking in front of the opponents net in AHL and not respecting their veteran players.

I want this guy on the Minnesota team as fast as possible.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010

Welcome!

Feel free to PM me or other Wild mods if you have any questions about HFBoards. :)

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Thanks!

Nothing about the boards but have one about Kunin, he can be called up as one of the four slotted from minors?

I think one of our college hockey fans might know this. Anyone?

I'm curious as well

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
Thanks!

Nothing about the boards but have one about Kunin, he can be called up as one of the four slotted from minors?

That rule doesn't exist anymore. Been gone for a few years. There's no 4 recall limit any more after the newest CBA.

Aceofspades

Mar 24, 2017
Finland
That rule doesn't exist anymore. Been gone for a few years. There's no 4 recall limit any more after the newest CBA.

So Kunin can come and take this team under control any day now? :sarcasm:

The situation is such that I want him tried out now if possible, it cant get any worse.

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
Agreed. Kind of like Parise when he came out of college.

That's always been my comparable. From what I've seen, they play a similar game. Very competitive lads, not huge, but willing to pay the price and nice skills to boot. Lots of character.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad