Michael Russo: Kunin Leaving Badgers; To Sign ATO with Iowa Wild

Status
Not open for further replies.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Amateur tryout, huh? Sounds like he'll be around for the playoffs this season, then. Should be good for him to get some pro experience at that pace.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Hopefully he'll be a boost for Iowa. As a college hockey fan I'd have loved to see him stay in college another year, but now that he's made his decision, welcome aboard!

I'm glad I can start cheering when he scores goals now! :laugh:

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
If he left college, can he return there next season? Or does this mean he'll be in Iowa next season?

I don't know much about college hockey :laugh:

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
If he left college, can he return there next season? Or does this mean he'll be in Iowa next season?

Once he signs a contract, he becomes a professional and thus is no longer is eligible to play NCAA hockey.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
He's officially gone...will most likely spend the year in Iowa next year, with a possible callup for a cup of coffee during the year. Similar to Tuch this year.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN

Yeah, like Muck said, the second he puts pen to paper on that pro contract, he voids all of his remaining college eligibility.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Once he signs a contract, he becomes a professional and thus is no longer is eligible to play NCAA hockey.

He's officially gone...will most likely spend the year in Iowa next year, with a possible callup for a cup of coffee during the year. Similar to Tuch this year.

Yeah, like Muck said, the second he puts pen to paper on that pro contract, he voids all of his remaining college eligibility.

Thanks guys.

Interesting to see how he plays for us.

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
Nice work getting him on the ATO too. Should help Iowa, get him used to pro play. The Wild's official tweet made it seem he might be finishing the semester.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
I expect we'll see Greenway do the same as soon as BU is eliminated (or wins it all).

StateofCelly

Jan 5, 2017
I will post something in the affiliate thread as well, but I am going back down to Iowa for a game this next Friday vs Chicago Wolves (St.Louis) and will be doing another breakdown. Will be interesting to see how Tuch has progressed as well as see Kunin. Curious if BU will be knocked out if I will get a look at Greenway or not too.

Are there any individuals you guys would like me to take note of? I am taking my 3 year old to his first pro game and we will be right behind the bench, so I might have some distraction but I will do the best I can!

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Have you seen him play at all? This kid isn't exactly Tyler Cuma.

To be fair to Cuma, he was looking real good early, but back to back to back knee injuries took away his super silky smooth skating which was going to be his NHL ticket.

After the consecutive knee injuries, he just couldn't skate worth a damn anymore.

Just imagine how much Brodin would fall of if he didn't have that skating ability he has anymore.

Cuma was skilled when drafted, and absolutely would have made the NHL had he not been injured.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
I will post something in the affiliate thread as well, but I am going back down to Iowa for a game this next Friday vs Chicago Wolves (St.Louis) and will be doing another breakdown. Will be interesting to see how Tuch has progressed as well as see Kunin. Curious if BU will be knocked out if I will get a look at Greenway or not too.

Are there any individuals you guys would like me to take note of? I am taking my 3 year old to his first pro game and we will be right behind the bench, so I might have some distraction but I will do the best I can!

I'm definititely most interested to see how Kunin looks in the AHL!

StateofCelly

Jan 5, 2017
I'm definititely most interested to see how Kunin looks in the AHL!

I have the PPV package for AHL Live so I will be watching his debut tonight too! I will try to give an update on that. Big game for them tonight, losing to Charlotte hurt.. that is who we are chasing!

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
To be fair to Cuma, he was looking real good early, but back to back to back knee injuries took away his super silky smooth skating which was going to be his NHL ticket.

After the consecutive knee injuries, he just couldn't skate worth a damn anymore.

Just imagine how much Brodin would fall of if he didn't have that skating ability he has anymore.

Cuma was skilled when drafted, and absolutely would have made the NHL had he not been injured.
Agreed. Cuma just lost too many years of important development and his knees were just shot. He was a very good junior player than would have otherwise played in the NHL. His game was like Olofsson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad