Speculation: Kulikov held out as precaution for trade deadline

RememberTheName

Conductor of the Schmid Bandwagon
Jan 5, 2016
On Earth
Kulikov has been an absolute beast for NJ. Not sure what he will return but I think all Devils fans have greatly enjoyed having him on the team this year. He has absolutely played like a top 4 defenseman this year. I hope we sign him again this offseason.

Reactions: Lolonegoal

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Seems like someone the Leafs should look at. For a mid round pick, take some experience and more grit for the bottom pair.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
A 4th rounder maybe? Probably a contenders #7 dman
I don’t think you have watched him play this year. Maybe years prior this may be the case but this year he has been very very good on a very bad team.If a late 4th is all that’s offered, I’d prefer to try to resign him . I know it’s better to get any asset rather than let a player go for nothing, but I’d rather keep him to show him he is wanted and Decils can hopefully resign him as a result.

Lolonegoal

Jan 25, 2012
Kulikov has been an absolute beast for NJ. Not sure what he will return but I think all Devils fans have greatly enjoyed having him on the team this year. He has absolutely played like a top 4 defenseman this year. I hope we sign him again this offseason.
I haven't seen him play a game in 2 years, how has his game improved? I always thought he was extremely underrated.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
A 2nd is about right. Truth be told if we are basing things just on this season he should be closer to Savard return but he doesn’t have the track record and sure, he wasn’t much in Winnipeg recently. But Reilly (another “bounce back” guy) got a third and Kulikov has been a much, much better defender this year. I will post this again - but he’s been smart, physical and reliable on a poor team.

C9-C14601-5512-4-AA6-8-FDD-75079-FC753-EC.jpg

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Upgrade on Forbort. But likely means Stanley comes out. Hes a good option if he comes cheap enough but isn't going to move the needle for us a tonne.

Forbort is a better PKer, and Pionk is playing better with him than he did with Kulikov last year, because the communication is better. Kulikov was never good in the playoffs for the Jets. I'd probably pass though the Jets need someone to replace Beaulieu for PK depth. If Kulikov were acquired he might knock Stanley out of the lineup, and Josh off the PK. Something like Morrissey-De Melo, Forbort-Pionk, Kulikov-Poolman? Not sure I like that, but it's a safe acquisition, doesn't have to learn the systems. Can play his offside better than most d-men on the Jets.

StumpyTown

Sep 26, 2016
Strictly for experienced depth that wouldn't need time to learn the systems I'd love for the Jets to pick him up. But only if it's a 3rd or less.

Reactions: Jerts

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad