Seravalli: Kuemper on the block, Colorado, Seattle and Toronto interested

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Have to believe if Colorado is really interested they have the inside track then. Considering Toronto cant do anything before the ED.

My guess is the Avs will either get something done with Grubauer before the ED list deadline on Saturday. If not, they get a trade for Kuemper done before that and protect him in the draft.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
We have no first

Unless Arizona likes the cut of Alex Kerfoot's Jib I don't know what they'd want

Lilijgren seems unlikely to have enough straight value to pull him with Amirov, Robertson, Sandin hopefully not being on the table for a goalie

Abramov + 2nd I suppose is a decent offer accept I don't think adding a goalie will help the leafs win a round next year. Campbell was good enough this year and it came down to the 18 skating chokers who cost the series.

Reactions: paulhiggins

Davenport

Dec 4, 2020
Toronto
Given the financial constraints - self-imposed - Cap Master Dubas has to deal with, the Leafs are very likely to trade for someone like Joonas Korpisalo or Alexandar Georgiev to share the netminding duties with Jack Campbell.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Kuemper (50%) for Ryan Graves and Pavel Francouz.

Arizona adds less than $2mil in cash (which is fine because they replace their goalie spot, and fill and open blueline spot) and Colorado saves 2.915aav, which they can apply to replacing Graves. It's pretty cash and cap neutral for both teams.

Colorado picks up a huge upgrade in net, and avoids losing Graves to Seattle for nothing.

Arizona gets a goalie they can expose to Seattle so they can keep Adin Hill. They also pick up a defenseman, which they have a desperate need for with only Chychrun, OEL, and Lyubushkin under contract for next season.

Reactions: Surfshop and Heldig

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Kuemper (50%) for Ryan Graves and Pavel Francouz.

Arizona adds less than $2mil in cash (which is fine because they replace their goalie spot, and fill and open blueline spot) and Colorado saves 2.915aav, which they can apply to replacing Graves. It's pretty cash and cap neutral for both teams.

Colorado picks up a huge upgrade in net, and avoids losing Graves to Seattle for nothing.

Arizona gets a goalie they can expose to Seattle so they can keep Adin Hill. They also pick up a defenseman, which they have a desperate need for with only Chychrun, OEL, and Lyubushkin under contract for next season.

I really dont hate that idea actually.

That would allow the Avs to re-sign Grubauer still as well.

Reactions: LurkerMcgee

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Kuemper with maximum retention, putting him at 2.25aav for Rodion Amirov.
No interest sorry at trading Amirov for a goalie

Max I offer is one of hallinder/hirvonen/abramov (B prospects) + 2022 2nd for Kumper at 2.25M

If there is a bidding war and someone offers more than that then so be it. Amirov is a guy who can be part of this team if we retool/rebuild again should dubas and the team fall next year again

Reactions: Tarmore and NHL WAR

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I would think a trade with Toronto is more likely only because I would think Colorado would prefer to sign Grubauer.

If Grubauer does hit free agency I would expect Toronto to be all over him

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
Presumably it would take place before the expansion draft so they could protect Hill right? I'm guessing he's going to Colorado then.

Reactions: Ciao

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Presumably it would take place before the expansion draft so they could protect Hill right? I'm guessing he's going to Colorado then.
Further complicating matters is they need a goalie back. Which makes Colorado more ideal. They have Francouz. If Arizona retains 50% on Kuemper, takes Francouz back, and another roster player like Graves, the Avs may even have enough capspace left over to sign Grubauer and have an elite, Vegas style goalie tandem.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad