Kucherov vs Ovechkin

who is better

• Total voters

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
can't see how anyone doesn't pick Kucherov at this point, he's not only been the better winger last 2 years but also in the running for best player in the league..

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
can't see how anyone doesn't pick Kucherov at this point, he's not only been the better winger last 2 years but also in the running for best player in the league..

Really he is not better than Crosby, McDavid or even Hedman IMO, but he is close and arguably the best just offensively.

canucks4ever

Mar 4, 2008
Tampa Bay are a favourite to win the cup, Kucherov has the opportunity to produce a high peak in both the regular season & playoffs.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Went Kucherov. Ovi is still great but what Kucherov has done since 15/16 playoffs to this day is more impressive. Over that span he has 168 points in 142 games and he's scored over a goal per every other game. And let's not forget like half of those 168 he's been without Stamkos who didn't play in the playoffs and missed +60 games last season.

At the end of the day Ovi is 32 while Kuch is 24 and just figuring out how good he can be. This is how it should be. One Russian winger passing the torch to another Russian winger.

Reactions: DownIsTheNewUp

Evergreen

Kucherov has been crap for the last little while. Living off a hot end to last season and hot start to this season. So he’s had one full season of “top of the league” level play, whereas Ovy has been there for pretty much his entire career. And Ovechkin leads Kucherov in goals by 5 now.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Kucherov has been crap for the last little while. Living off a hot end to last season and hot start to this season. So he’s had one full season of “top of the league” level play, whereas Ovy has been there for pretty much his entire career. And Ovechkin leads Kucherov in goals by 5 now.

Kucherov is a great playmaker as well though. Hell of a start too, considering he is still leading the league in points. Let's not forget Ovechkin had 7 goals in his first 2 games either. Truthfully I was surprised to see the votes this close, not that they aren't close as players just that one has been clearly better for two full seasons and playoffs now.

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
For this season or overall? Because if it's career, i'd say ovi, if not then theres a very good case for kucherov.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
This about sums it up.

This IS Kucherov's prime so lets see what he can accomplish. Right now today I vote Ovechkin, tomorrow and beyond I'm sure it will be Kucherov.
Ovi has a top ten player-type prime (absent playoff success) - I love Kucherov but he isn't going to end up at that level.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad