Kucherov becomes 5th player in history to record 100 assists in a season

Despote

Mar 21, 2023
Just a really special player. And you just know he'll light it up come playoff time once again. All-time great.

flying squirrel

Feb 11, 2019
Kucherov is special, and his Hockey IQ and hand/eye coordination is off-the-charts! A winger with 140+ points and 100 assist is insane.....

It's been fun witnessing Kucherov's journey before Lighting, his time on Lightning's T.K.O top-line during 2015, his multiple other playoff performances that produced 6 ECF's, 4 SCF's, and 2 "Cups", and now carrying this Lightning team like no other season before. Even though I believe flat-cap has hurt NHL defensive depth across-the-board this season, what these star players are doing thsi year is still pretty darn special. Stuff like this is what keeps me watching sports.

Go Lightning and Kucherov !!!!!!

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
At his peak they are close. His shorter peak will probably put him in the second tier with guys like Lafleur/Esposito on all time lists though.

Kinda cheesy to compare modern day players to an entirely different era. I mean, I'm an Oilers fan and McDavid is THE best. But no sense downplaying Kuch's achievement. He had a hell of a season!

Reactions: Macheteops

frederixx

Dec 5, 2005
What an incredible player he is. Not only dominant in regular season, but he brings it to another level comes the playoffs. Impressive

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
What a player!! People talking about scoring being up need to hold other players to the same standards in this new high scoring nhl

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
Soak it all in...watching history.

Good time to be alive.

Blessed having Kuch(and McDavid) at the same time. Matthews also an amazing season. 70 soon!!!
Yep, this has been good hockey right up until the end. Well, the East was an insane rollercoaster last night lol.

Reactions: T REX

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
People will hate to hear it, but he’s in the same tier as McDavid
He absolutely is. Missed a season and a half in his prime due to injury, but otherwise has been right up there with McDavid for most of his prime and far more successful in the postseason. Kucherov and McDavid are this generation’s Crosby and Ovechkin.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Hint1k

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
Amazing to have 2 players this season with 100A after such a long time without 1.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad