Kucherov and Kopitar...the two best players so far?

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
Kopitar has been Amazing he said all summer he was going to have a comeback year. His numbers are great and he’s only played four or five games.

Kucherov has scored in every game and well his dominance speaks for itself.

There’s others like ovechkin with back to back hattricks and his two teammates that love getting the apples.

Matthews, Crosby, Toews, stamkos, Malkin, I literally can’t keep up with how many players are doing great right now. Scoring is up and guys like Saad and Brayden point, EIchel, Panarin, Hartman, so many guys are over a pt a game and the three flyers cotourier, giroux and voracek have been craz good too.

With so many dominant players I think the two I named at the top though take the cake, who do you think is the best thus far?

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
Kopitar has been Amazing he said all summer he was going to have a comeback year. His numbers are great and he’s only played four or five games.

Kucherov has scored in every game and well his dominance speaks for itself.

There’s others like ovechkin with back to back hattricks and his two teammates that love getting the apples.

Matthews, Crosby, Toews, stamkos, Malkin, I literally can’t keep up with how many players are doing great right now. Scoring is up and guys like Saad and Brayden point, EIchel, Panarin, Hartman, so many guys are over a pt a game and the three flyers cotourier, giroux and voracek have been craz good too.

With so many dominant players I think the two I named at the top though take the cake, who do you think is the best thus far?

My vote is with Kucherov for sure! I love what Matthews has done complete game dominance wise, but Kucherov has simply been sublime. Gotta love the state of the NHL!!!

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I think it's Kucherov, but there have been a lot of great early performers, it's been fun to watch.

Kopitar has definitely been up there though, he's back to his old completely dominant self, much to the chagrin of so many it seems.

Reactions: Legionnaire

thegongshow

Oct 18, 2014
Too top heavy w forwards. Will Butcher, Ghost bear, M. Green, Crawford, Quick all looking good.

I think this year and beyond the NHL is going to see an uptick in scoring so 90-105 points is going to be the same as 75-80 points from what it was like over the last decade. Defense and goaltending will be more of a premium.

Reactions: Rebels57

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Kucherov is on another level right now. It's a treat to watch, and has been since he went scorching hot last season.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Too top heavy w forwards. Will Butcher, Ghost bear, M. Green, Crawford, Quick all looking good.

I think this year and beyond the NHL is going to see an uptick in scoring so 90-105 points is going to be the same as 75-80 points from what it was like over the last decade. Defense and goaltending will be more of a premium.

Maybe for this season but I somehow doubt it will stay that way. Defense always catches up and ruins it.

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN
Yeah I mean fair enough if you think Matthews hAs been the best but to say easily? That’s pretty strong considering kucherov is doing right now something only Gretzky, Lemieux and a couple others have.

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN
Don’t get why a couple people are saying too soon? It’s been a couple weeks and I said so far....

I do get though, when you look at point totals you don’t expect Hartman, point, green to all be up there so I get that. However maybe my point was just I’ve never seen anything like this in the last few years I can’t remember a first two weeks of the season with stats like this for so many players. Usually you have five to ten guys that you talk about and then there’s one or two you really talk about.

But right now there’s close to 30 guys you could rave about. Insane

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Don’t get why a couple people are saying too soon? It’s been a couple weeks and I said so far....

I do get though, when you look at point totals you don’t expect Hartman, point, green to all be up there so I get that. However maybe my point was just I’ve never seen anything like this in the last few years I can’t remember a first two weeks of the season with stats like this for so many players. Usually you have five to ten guys that you talk about and then there’s one or two you really talk about.

But right now there’s close to 30 guys you could rave about. Insane

I'm actually sure it's like this at the beginning of every season. Every year there will be a group of players putting up well over a point per game for every 10 game stretch, but only the very best can manage it for a full season.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
10 other forwards? Maybe if you just look at their point totals.

Maybe if Leafs fans look at how other teams players are performing..

Plenty of guys around the league are off to great starts.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I'm actually sure it's like this at the beginning of every season. Every year there will be a group of players putting up well over a point per game for every 10 game stretch, but only the very best can manage it for a full season.

This I agree with. Someone will sustain it. Some wont.

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN
I agree with the part about guys being over a pt a game but what I mean is since scoring is up all of the superstars seem to be doing well. Most of them anyway I didn’t even mention Patrick Kane, Henrik zetterberg Tyler seguin, the list goes on and on

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad