Kucherov and Crosby

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Do you think this is a sign that he's slowing down in the playoffs? Or an outlier?

I think he's slowing down in the sense that he has peaked already - but I don't want that to be confused with me saying he's "done".

I expect him to do better next year if the Pens make the playoffs. Even if it's not Conn Smythe-worthy, I think he will be one of the better playoff performers until he really slows in his mid 30s.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
I think he's slowing down in the sense that he has peaked already - but I don't want that to be confused with me saying he's "done".

I expect him to do better next year if the Pens make the playoffs. Even if it's not Conn Smythe-worthy, I think he will be one of the better playoff performers until he really slows in his mid 30s.
:thumbu:

Reactions: KevinRedkey

Jack Hammer

Mar 2, 2019
I'd love to stand here and turn this into an Ovi Vs Crosby thread... but I'm not going to.

See you, needle head.

Crosby wasn't the problem with this team. Without him, they miss the playoffs. I can't believe I'm saying this as a Caps fan.. yuck

pabst blue ribbon

🇺🇦🤝🇵🇱
Oct 26, 2015
PG
Prior to Kuznetsov's playoff performance in 2018, he had 19 points in 39 playoff games

Trying to forge narratives and treat them as unquestionable truths is a waste of time when it comes to playoff hockey

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
Kucherov in the playoffs: 0.94ppg. Mcdavid in the playoffs: 0.69ppg.

Kuch is still the best player in the world but sadly his team sucks. Can’t expect him to produce much when he is so alone.

Aaaaaaand this is why there were 10 threads on HF the minute Tampa got SWEPT.

Steven "No Show" Stamkos and Nikita "They don't know im 26" Kucherov played on the same line and produced garbage time points in their last game of the season. 4 more games than the lowly Oilers!

Reactions: Tad Mikowsky

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
Aaaaaaand this is why there were 10 threads on HF the minute Tampa got SWEPT.

Steven "No Show" Stamkos and Nikita "They don't know im 26" Kucherov played on the same line and produced garbage time points in their last game of the season. 4 more games than the lowly Oilers!
Like I said, Kucherov was just playing for his personal trophy case.

psycat

Oct 25, 2016
“solid playoff performer” you mean the greatest playoff performer of his era by a large margin and one of the greatest of all time. Your opinion doesn’t change facts. If you think he got “carried” in the finals stop watching hockey err wait.. START watching hockey. He’s on track to be the 5th greatest player of all time whether you and the small minority group of people like it or not. His first Smythe was average but his second one was DOMINATING. He has four Smythe worthy runs in his career. Four. Thats way more than any player in this era has.

He would need to invent a time machine and have a better peak in order to be on track for being the 5th greatest player of all time, unless he peak in his 30s of course.

Tuna Tatarrrrrr

Here Is The Legendary Rat Of HFBoards! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jun 13, 2012
He’s on track to be the 5th greatest player of all time whether you and the small minority group of people like it or not.
LOL Pens fans... :rolleyes: You mean whether the VAST MAJORITY group of people like it or not. Only Pens fans and Crosby fanboys think that he is the... :biglaugh:5th greatest player of all time... And you're clearly the small minority group of people to think that. :nod:

Son Goku

henlo u stinky egg
Mar 8, 2014
The World Of Void
He would need to invent a time machine and have a better peak in order to be on track for being the 5th greatest player of all time, unless he peak in his 30s of course.

LOL Pens fans... :rolleyes: You mean whether the VAST MAJORITY group of people like it or not. Only Pens fans and Crosby fanboys think that he is the... :biglaugh:5th greatest player of all time... And you're clearly the small minority group of people to think that. :nod:
funny how its always the same small group of posters with this opinion ;)

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Crosby has 3 rings and has been to the finals 4 times, what more do you want from the guy?

It's beyond idiotic at this point that people still think every time Crosby has a sub par series, that it somehow negates the rest of his playoff career.

Yes, HF, a 4-game sample size here or there is much better to judge Crosby on than over 160 career games.

Jesus.

Reactions: Son Goku

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Do these series change peoples view on them as fantastic playoff performers?
Crosby has more hardware and wins than most NHL players in history. Kucherov, sadly not.

So the answer to the question is No and No.

Crosby has nothing to prove, and Kucherov hasn’t proved anything yet.

end

Mar 18, 2007
Arklay Mansion
If Sidney Crosby was any good, he would've scored that goal in game four instead of ringing it off the post. The inch difference between that puck going in and it staying out means Sidney Crosby sucks now.

Reactions: 66871

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Penguins core (Crosby/Malkin/Kessel/Letang) is now same aged as our stars were at 2011 (Datsyuk/Zetterberg/Franzen/Kronwall).

We didn't get past 2nd round anymore, and I predict the same destiny for the Pens.

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
make a poll asking if Crosby is on pace to become the 5th best player of all time.

He’s not above some of the other guys in the 5-10 range.

And I’m not going to make a poll, where most people are most likely not informed enough of the other options, so they’ll stuff the vote with the one guy they know.

Why don’t you venture to history of hockey and see where Crosby ranks.

Reactions: Future GOAT

Fugazy

Brick by Brick
Jun 1, 2014
New York
Penguins core (Crosby/Malkin/Kessel/Letang) is now same aged as our stars were at 2011 (Datsyuk/Zetterberg/Franzen/Kronwall).

We didn't get past 2nd round anymore, and I predict the same destiny for the Pens.

They need to be strategic in how they fill out the rest of the roster. Still have a chance to do some damage in the near future.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad