Injury Report: Kruger placed on IR

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Maybe they're hoping Saarela will catch fire like he did after his arrival in Charlotte last year. I have no problem with him being the call up. At this point, there are several guys in Charlotte that they probably could have made the case for. I'm sure Zykov will get his chance again too. Between his production this year and how he looked in his very short cup of coffee last year, I'm sure he's on their minds. It's still interesting, though if he was sick or battling an injury or something, that explains that.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
Couple of points...Saarela has the most SOG on the Checkers in 31 games played. He's third in goals w/13 only behind Zykov and Foegele. He's a sniper pure and simple. Despite his injury history, there was some scout chatter about how he tended to play a more physical game even with a more slight build. Oh, he's got a a 17.6 shooting %. IMO, one of Foegele or Saarela was going to get the call up as Zykov doesn't play center and both of those other guys have. They can also both play on the wing. I hope like hell he plays tonight.

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
If tonight's lineup looks anything like last game's lineup:

Aho-Staal-Teravainen
McGinn-Ryan-Lindholm
Skinner-Wallmark-Di Giuseppe
Nordstrom-Rask-Williams

Then yeah, PDG should absolutely take a seat in favor of Saarela.

Aho-Staal-Teravainen
McGinn-Ryan-Saarela
Skinner-Wallmark-Lindholm
Nordstrom-Rask-Williams

(ignoring line numbers and whatnot)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad