#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Krug really became irrelevant after leaving Boston. He lost all his aura

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Krug really became irrelevant after leaving Boston. He lost all his aura

Not necessarily true. His offensive output has still been pretty good. Paces 40-50 points. However, given his contract and our poor defense construction he has to be a 20+ minute defenseman. That he is 100% not.

I think we have to entertain trading him at 50% if we’re going to give Perunovich another shot. We can’t really afford to spend that type of money on a guy that needs to be sheltered this heavily, especially when Faulk too could use sheltering. Putting them together is almost always really good, or really really bad. Stability would be nice.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Bostson fans would you take krug back
Absolutely not, Sweeney dodge a bullet once when he let him walk, not worth that contract.........My wish for the day is later when I return to this thread that it is shut down.

• Wow
Reactions: Play

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
He's still close friends with some of the guys on the team.

But his time as a Bruin is most likely over.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Love Krug but his contract is exactly why we let him walk in the first place. I'd offer him a contact if he gets bought out and we can sign him for cheap.

UED

May 2, 2021
I think the Blues need to pick one of Krug, Faulk and Perunovich and trade the other two to other teams(not to my favorite team though). I think their winrate would instantly go up.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Only if they add a second or something of equal value. Gryz expires this year, Krug still has some years left.

Krugs powerplay ability alone is worth a contract at 3.25m. His overall ability however, is not worth 6.5m. Outside of puck movement, PPQB (distribution and shot), and his compete level, there isn’t a whole lot to like about the player. Average skater, not gifted physically, not a great defender.

Given where we’re at I’m not sure attaching any kind of pick is worthwhile if it’s full retention. But I also wouldn’t expect anything back outside of a late round pick or a prospect that’s a long shot for him with full retention

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad