Recalled/Assigned: Kristians Rubins Recalled From Marlies

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Just emergency depth but I like that he's a top callup - I love this kid and think he has everything you want in a bottom pair dman.

justashadowof

Aug 15, 2020
At this point I don't want to treat these recalls as anything more than paycheque bonuses until you hear that a player is actually dressing for a game. He gets very little respect as a prospect but the dude had to earn his ELC the hard way. There are plenty of undrafted players in this league. Big body, long reach, good mobility for his size, decent puck skills. Would prefer this type of defender to be capable of playing the right side.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
At this point I don't want to treat these recalls as anything more than paycheque bonuses until you hear that a player is actually dressing for a game. He gets very little respect as a prospect but the dude had to earn his ELC the hard way. There are plenty of undrafted players in this league. Big body, long reach, good mobility for his size, decent puck skills. Would prefer this type of defender to be capable of playing the right side.

Does he drop the gloves?

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
An infusion of honesty would do this place wonders.

PreciousFirmJaeger-max-1mb.gif

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
We need to get those people to post here.
Da guy is big .. I am hoping he has a nasty side to him .. if so then he can stay at league min AAV .. 1st glance at him he is at least as good as Holl at lower AAV .. no one wanted Holl is what I have heard .. Dubie put out his feelers and no one was interested .. Holl must know his days are numbered now unless Leafs eat some AAV or throw in a pick .. kinda sad to see really but at least he got some $$$ out of it which is more than most of us can say

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Da guy is big .. I am hoping he has a nasty side to him .. if so then he can stay at league min AAV .. 1st glance at him he is at least as good as Holl at lower AAV .. no one wanted Holl is what I have heard .. Dubie put out his feelers and no one was interested .. Holl must know his days are numbered now unless Leafs eat some AAV or throw in a pick .. kinda sad to see really but at least he got some $$$ out of it which is more than most of us can say
Really? Must be some team that would be interested for a late pick.

Reactions: The Iceman

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
He looks so much better with the Leafs, than what I saw with the Marlies. The Marlies have some real issues, and you can't really go much past the Coaching staff here. They need a new coaching staff, no question.

Reactions: Jimmy Firecracker

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Really? Must be some team that would be interested for a late pick.
Leafs are gonna have to throw something else in to unload da extra AAV .. teams would take him as a 7th guy at 750K but not at 2M AAV .. that is da core issue here .. da deal likely has to be for face saving purposes Holl and a 3rd/4th rounder say for a vet D making 750K .. basically Leafs unloading a 3rd rounder for $1.25M CAP relief to use for playoff hired guns at TDL

TGB

Jun 7, 2021
We need to get those people to post here.

I think I've adequately proven nobody around here would know it even if they saw it over and over again, heh.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
He's looked good so far. No glaring mistakes in his first 2 NHL games, which is really all you could ask for.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Has looked pretty good so far, could be a stable 6/7 for the foreseeable future.

And if that happens a big win for the Leafs development system considering he started with the Growlers. Dubas' took a bit of flack from some around here for the suggestion of using the ECHL as a development tool, citing baseballs tiered development system (recall some calling it a waste of time).

Reactions: acrobaticgoalie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad