Player Discussion: Kristian Vesalainen

Status
Not open for further replies.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
While I hope Vesalainen gets into the game I thought the Jets would of called up Chibisov, I hear that he has played well with the Moose and would like to see a little more size and toughness in the lineup with Lowry out

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
Have to believe this is nothing more than tossing a bone to Ves. A couple of NHL paychecks and back with the Moose by the weekend. Then maybe Little will be back after the break.

Can't see Mau putting him in over Harkins and Bourque.

Reactions: Teppo Numenor

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Have to believe this is nothing more than tossing a bone to Ves. A couple of NHL paychecks and back with the Moose by the weekend. Then maybe Little will be back after the break.

Could also be that they want to showcase him and Chevy has requested he be put in. Never know.

Ggg99

Sep 17, 2018
His style is what we're missing, hopefully the skill holds up
Vesalainen's style is what the Jets are missing??

200.webp

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Nice to see that the staff have some confidence to bring up Vesalainen, now the question is how will he fit. For me I've been impressed with his shot on the PP. I'd like to see the Jets run a PP with Niku and Vesalainen progressing from the Moose. Maybe keep Roslovic, Ehlers and Perreault on the unit.

Keep Copper and Josh fresh for the PK, where we really need leaders to step up in Adam Lowry's absence. Maybe Morrissey, Sbisa, Copp and ? as a 1st unit.

I can't see Vesalainen getting above the 4th line right now. Though maybe Maurice and Chevy see it different. Would like to see his Moose linemate JC Lipon get the call as well, because we really need some sandpaper in this lineup, someone willing to finish their checks, and check off players taking runs. As much as I like from Harkins and I hope that he replaces Perreault soon, I'd send him back down to make room. Until the next position opens up.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I mean, you probably weren't.

and if you were, it would have been not for a rental Mark Stone, which is fair enough cause even with Mark Stone we weren't winning **** all last year (and I'm a huge Mark Stone fan, one of the best wingers in the game).
lmao so if i wasnt told it then, im being told it now?

i was told any deal involving roslovic, niku, OR vesalainen was a no go. even straight up. 3 future mega stars

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
is a rental someone who signs a long term contract with the team that trades for him?
... just because he signs with LV doesn't mean he would have signed here. Your complete lack of nuance and context is clear.

Stone without an extension last TD I wouldn't have offered anything for, Stone with an extension I might have offered Kyle Connor for. Those are two massively different situations.

Reactions: DRW204

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
is a rental someone who signs a long term contract with the team that trades for him?
there's no guarantee he would have signed with the Jets especially when Vegas comes knocking at the door with a 9.5M/year contract. perhaps the Jets did have Roslovic/Niku/Vesalainen on the table but couldn't come to agreement on a contract. 9.5M/year in Vegas is equal to what in Winnipeg?

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015

A rental is the guy who is traded for assets, plays for a few months for the team he was traded to, and then, with many public professions of love and gratitude for that team, proceeds to sign long-term in Vegas.

Examples: Stastny, Paul, and (almost certainly) Stone, Mark.

Teppo Numenor

Mar 14, 2016

He needs to break out in the A, which hasn't happened yet, although he has had a steady season. Its a bone but might make him hungry and push his game to the next level. With that size and his powerful skating there is still a lot of potential, he should have never played in the K

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
This thought crossed my mind as well.
you think chevy has the gumption to make a trade. has he made a hockey trade in 9 years without a gun held to his head like trouba and kane trades. cant think of one. really if trouba and kane wanted to stay he would zero trades in 9 years. he is going to keep plugging in prospects and waiver wire fodder on bottom 6 and defence as our core ages out as long as he is here

Reactions: hn777

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
As I said in prospect thread:
Give up on him? No way. He may not end up being a top six player but he will be a valuable NHLer on an ELC. I see him taking a similar path to the NHL as Armia. Put him with Copp and Lowry on a recall next year and let him play a simple game where he shines, on the wall. He still projects as an important bottom six player for us going forward.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Next season camp is a big one for him. Kid needs to put it into gear if he wants to make the team. There are openings but he's far from a lock. Could end up starting the year off on the Moose. Something just doesn't seem right with his compete level when I watch him. Hoping he wakes up and delivers.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Next season camp is a big one for him. Kid needs to put it into gear if he wants to make the team. There are openings but he's far from a lock. Could end up starting the year off on the Moose. Something just doesn't seem right with his compete level when I watch him. Hoping he wakes up and delivers.
Might be best to trade him while he still has value

Reactions: Eyeseeing
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: