Recalled/Assigned: Kreider and Mashinter recalled to Rangers

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Playoff revenue only means something if the team plays home playoff games. Take away 2012 and how many home playoff games have been played under Sather? I think its 21 playoff games in 06,07,08,09,11 and 13. Six years. 21 games. They played 11 in 2012. The Rangers can make the playoffs in the east and still infuse young guys. Their division stinks. 3 teams will make it. Then there's 2 wildcards. The east stinks. Its not the west.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
What the hell would Kreider fighting do? The answer is absolutely nothing. Kreider needs to worry about scoring points. "I hope he gets into a fight?" That is a ludicrous statement.

Exactly. Why was this even brought up? #HFLOGIC

Wolfy*

Kreider is just another softie.

I wrote the wrong name in #155, meant Mashinter of course.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
I think the whole team is in a chambles right now... A trade isn't going to do anything. They collectively needs to get some traction... Everyone pulling in the same direction. They are riddled with injuries to too players.

Until, most of that is sorted out, trades won't help.

fredrikstad

Jan 4, 2011
Norway
I agree with you on this. Would it be ideal to get Kreids, Miller, etc at least a month or 2 of straight play down in the AHL to get real comfortable and then get called up to the NHL? Yes, but with all the injuries we have in our top 6, you need them and this team barely had a pulse against the Devils.

So far the regular season play of Miller has not been real impressive, he has not stood out to me as he did in the preseason.

I am interested to see the lines that get constructed by AV, he said he wants to be able to play Kreider top 6 minutes if he is up here, so I expect that, hopefully it happens because that is where he will succeed. That said, he may have a bumpy start, but I just read Ranger Rants (Andrew Gross's blog) that Kreider looks spectacular in the practices with NYR (this based off preseason, i'd assume), and he just needs to put it together in the game. So let's see what he can do on Thursday night.

Who has, except of Brad Richards? If he continue as this, then it's a shame if we have to by him out because they front loaded the contract so heavy.

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
I'd still rather Haley over Ma****ter. Ma****ter skates like a battleship on water. For a guy who fights he sure doesn't play with enough of an edge. Haley can at least skate, hit, agitate, and fight.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
since WHEN is Kreider just another softie? holy ****.

he has a soft mindset in that he is reluctant to engage the opposition.

doesnt compete hard enough and for a player with his size and speed, he should be using that huge frame to seperate player from puck alot more than he does.

Being soft has nothing to do with not fighting or not wanting to fight. It has everything to do with how one approaches the game as a whole.

The Rangers by and large are an extremely soft team but because they block a few shots they are labled as tough as nails.

with the body armor these guys have nowadays, the shot blocking doesn't impress me.

I would tell Kreider to get more involved physically. Doesn't have to be a fight, but use his size to hit people, seperate opposing players from the puck, go to the net and stay there.

he doesn't do that and he has yet to use his size to his advantage.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Kreider needs to get his feet moving this time around, and things should improve from there.

At this point, I hope all he needs is a swift kick in the ass to start playing harder -- because if its something else, like him being paralyzed by the NHL game, it'd be a lack of hockey IQ that will be difficult to overcome.

Hes got the skills to compete - does he have the mind to do it?

E-Train

Feb 27, 2002
New Jersey
Very valid points by pld & brb. There is absolutely no need for Kreider to be fighting but he needs to engage physically on every shift. The skills vs. mind for the NHL game is a concern. Getting a longer run in Hartford would have been more beneficial than being back with the Rangers this early in the season.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Kreider needs to get his feet moving this time around, and things should improve from there.

At this point, I hope all he needs is a swift kick in the ass to start playing harder -- because if its something else, like him being paralyzed by the NHL game, it'd be a lack of hockey IQ that will be difficult to overcome.

Hes got the skills to compete - does he have the mind to do it?

I agree with you BRB. He needs to be involved from the get-go tomorrow night. No excuses. He will get the minutes tomorrow night on a team that desperately needs help. He can be a huge part of the solution or just another part of the problem. If he can go out and provide an uptempo and engaged game tomorrow and through the home opener until Hagelin gets back, this team can get a couple wins and maybe start to turn the ship around. I've watched a lot of the West thus far. Those games are very uptempo. We saw it firsthand, especially against the sharks. Kreider and Hagelin can help get this team into that level of play.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Kreider isn't a fighter. Milbury tried to turn Bertuzzi into Clark Gillies. Maybe Richards can lend his expertise to Kreider on how he should relax his game. He has played with some power forwards such as Neal and Benn.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Agree with pld--Kreider's got the size and strength where he could drive people with his hits and more than enough skating ability to connect often. It's like he's always trying to get out of other players way--whether it's his own players or opponents. I really don't think it's fear though.

He doesn't play angry. Angry doesn't mean you have to fight or do something stupid. Angry means playing hard all the time. If you hit someone you hit them as hard as you can--cleanly--but even so with the idea of knocking them on their ass. This should happen all the time--every game.

An example of that is Taylor Pyatt. He apparently threw quite a number of body checks last year but I can't really remember one big hit. He'll bump people. He'll bang around in the corners with them a bit but he never tries to flatten anyone.

Wolfy*

If Kreider hits a lot, I havent noticed, how come he gets away with it? According to the stats he has yet to fight, he may end up taking a nasty beating.

But lets see if Mash can mash some flyers if he has to, that's his job.

Punxrocknyc19*

Agree with pld--Kreider's got the size and strength where he could drive people with his hits and more than enough skating ability to connect often. It's like he's always trying to get out of other players way--whether it's his own players or opponents. I really don't think it's fear though.

He doesn't play angry. Angry doesn't mean you have to fight or do something stupid. Angry means playing hard all the time. If you hit someone you hit them as hard as you can--cleanly--but even so with the idea of knocking them on their ass. This should happen all the time--every game.

An example of that is Taylor Pyatt. He apparently threw quite a number of body checks last year but I can't really remember one big hit. He'll bump people. He'll bang around in the corners with them a bit but he never tries to flatten anyone.

it seems like this is the problem with most of the Rangers players that have size, they dont know how to use it the right way.. when your two most physical forwards are under 6' in Dorsett and Callahan, your team has more issues..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad