OT: Kraken OT Lounge: No Calamari allowed

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
Greetings, I've been on this site 20 years (Blues fan) currently living in Ukiah CA the last 8 years and we are selling our house and moving up to the Olympia - Tacoma - Seattle area, probably more on the Olympia-Tacoma side. We both will work remotely, middle aged couple, no kids (quality of school not a factor), two decent sized dogs. We love nature & access to trails/water but want to be within an hour of SEATAC (she is an international cannabis expert who travels) and near a 24 hr vet.

Where should we be looking?

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Greetings, I've been on this site 20 years (Blues fan) currently living in Ukiah CA the last 8 years and we are selling our house and moving up to the Olympia - Tacoma - Seattle area, probably more on the Olympia-Tacoma side. We both will work remotely, middle aged couple, no kids (quality of school not a factor), two decent sized dogs. We love nature & access to trails/water but want to be within an hour of SEATAC (she is an international cannabis expert who travels) and near a 24 hr vet.

Where should we be looking?
- The budget and requirements would dictate the best area options for you. Depending on which area you pick, you could get a 5-acre parcel for what a condo/townhouse would cost in another.
- We are a very dog-friendly state, and I would think that no matter which area you choose, a 24 hour veterinarian should not be an issue.
- Nature access and trails are another thing you are unlikely to have much of an issue finding in Western WA.

I want to say that Issaquah may be good area to start at. It's closer to Bellevue than Seattle but you could make it to Seatac within half hour or so, but that is very traffic dependant.

Reactions: PocketNines

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
- The budget and requirements would dictate the best area options for you. Depending on which area you pick, you could get a 5-acre parcel for what a condo/townhouse would cost in another.
- We are a very dog-friendly state, and I would think that no matter which area you choose, a 24 hour veterinarian should not be an issue.
- Nature access and trails are another thing you are unlikely to have much of an issue finding in Western WA.

I want to say that Issaquah may be good area to start at. It's closer to Bellevue than Seattle but you could make it to Seatac within half hour or so, but that is very traffic dependant.
East side (Bellevue-Issaquah) was what I was thinking too if you have no kids. Lots of great trails off i-90 and still close to the airport. Everywhere feels dog friendly here, lots of dog parks, vets etc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad