Pre-Game Talk: Kraken @ Leafs 11/30

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
That's rough bottom half of the defense. Reminds me of last year when 4 of the regular D were injured, but the Leafs played amazingly well in that stretch.

I'm hoping for the stars to step up during this time, at both ends of the ice.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
It's the last game for November. If we win, do we set any records? What about if we lose?

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Damn, 3 regular defenseman left

The forwards need to work there asses off to get back and help them out, the goaltending going on a hot streak wouldn't hurt either

It would be nice to see Matthew's and Marner get things back on track and lead the team to

Reactions: Buds17

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Only 5 regulation wins on the year !!!! :sarcasm:

it's always "only 5 regulation wins" and never "only 6 regulation losses"

BT-Blog-Graphic-1-1.jpg

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Try giving Robertson more than 9 minutes a game, how is anyone supposed to get into a groove with that sparce usage. It’s your third line too, come on Keefe.

A D only a mom could love. Yikes.
That is probably based on Nick's early game decision making. He has been pretty bad the last few, and Keefe doesn't have the confidence in Nick having good situational awareness. Others have the same problem, but still get the ice time - the reality of a guy trying to find his way as a regular NHLer I guess.

Madap

May 24, 2019
Toronto, ON, Canada
That is probably based on Nick's early game decision making. He has been pretty bad the last few, and Keefe doesn't have the confidence in Nick having good situational awareness. Others have the same problem, but still get the ice time - the reality of a guy trying to find his way as a regular NHLer I guess.
More like Keefe being scared to lose his job and overplaying his stars.

He should learn how to get more out of his depth. We’re still early in the season, it will be helpful in the long run.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Nah, he did it after an excellent game, he noted in the post game. Keefe is over using the top 6.

Last edited:
Reactions: Clark4Ever

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
That's rough bottom half of the defense. Reminds me of last year when 4 of the regular D were injured, but the Leafs played amazingly well in that stretch.

Only difference was gio a year younger and the two young defencemen we had sandin and lily nothing like the rest of those guys

Reactions: Clark4Ever

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site

I wouldn't expect too much. The coach was a big meany last game so they'll probably have a bit of a spiteful performance tonight if anything

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Try giving Robertson more than 9 minutes a game, how is anyone supposed to get into a groove with that sparce usage. It’s your third line too, come on Keefe.

On the bright side, Seattle is not exactly a powerhouse. Quite a goaltending tandem, as well.

Reactions: arso40

rumman

Sep 10, 2008

Reeves says hi

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
More like Keefe being scared to lose his job and overplaying his stars.

He should learn how to get more out of his depth. We’re still early in the season, it will be helpful in the long run.
And he's been overplaying a couple of forwards in particular who have been playing like crap.

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
Kraken play with good pace. They'll pressure our wounded D so the forwards will need to provide extra support. I think if Woll repeats his last performance he should be given a string of starts and let Sammy sort out whatever issue is causing his poor play.

Reactions: PromisedLand

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad