GDT: Kraken @ Hawks 7:30pm 11/28/23 Mbc sports Chicago

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Not happy at all rn. 98 sees zero ice time with the EN. Can’t get anything going 5v5 or on the Pp. Registers 0 pts for the 2nd consecutive game at home vs subpar opponents. He better score 10 hat tricks next week to make up for this BS.

I’m gonna see my way out for now I’m cranky and need to go vent elsewhere nobody wants to read negativity after a win anyways so I’ll leave y’all alone for a while. Worst night ever.
Seattle took Dallas to 7 games in the second round last year. Just sayin.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
I didn't like his game last year. Felt way too passive. Hockey happened around him. He had good reach and was a smart player but I didn't care for him.

This is night and day. He's got good wheels and is asserting himself defensively and offensively he's never gonna be a force but he probably should have more points than he does. Two years from now he's gonna be putting up thirty something points and anchoring a pairing.
Yeah we were on the same page on that one.

ello

Jun 12, 2018
Not even close. The hate brigade he built up on this sub-forum never made a lick of sense. People just upset he wasn’t a freight train or whatever because they can’t process a big guy that doesn’t lay big hits.
I don’t mean that he’s not good outside of size obviously he has great tools and he’s been my favorite player to watch outside of Bedard. But his size does play a very large role in his effectiveness and is why you see guys like Logan Stanley getting over drafted. GMs love swinging at these 6’4+ dmen in hopes of drafting a stud like Vlasic, but sometimes you really don’t know how these big men are going to develop

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Not even close. The hate brigade he built up on this sub-forum never made a lick of sense. People just upset he wasn’t a freight train or whatever because they can’t process a big guy that doesn’t lay big hits.
It makes total sense. You don't need to be a monster but Reichel rightfully has gotten a lot of flak this year for being soft on the puck and it has nothing to do with size. I loved hockey. Gave the sport everything I had but I just wasn't very talented. Effort matters. I can't stand guys that could play at this level but don't care.

Reactions: Muffinalt

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary

I was one of those in your 'upset hate brigade' but contrary to what you are saying here, it wasn't because my brain can't process things (thanks) but because we brought up concerns of him not being engaged at all. Which at any size - but especially with his size - is one of the worst trends for any player.

Anyway I couldn't be happier he's making us wrong. Super impressed and it's a feel good story so far, I'm a fan.

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
Seth Jones current season stat line comparable with.....

Noah Hanfin, lol, with Seth playing about 2-3 minutes more a night.

Seth is second behind Bedard in shot attempts, which puts Seth at about 40 more shot attempts than the next Hawk behind him......zero goals.

I have a slogan to get Seth back on track, you may remember it from years past: "One Goal."
Seth just needs to Let Go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad