Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Players were involved, per Kaplan:
Who gets their news from instagram :sarcasm:

Reactions: Summer Rose

Look Up

Don't be a scan tool
Oct 3, 2013
Hakstol was king of the loser point, made for some boring hockey. Kraken lead WC this year, lead league in 2017-18 with Flyers.

BluesyShoes

Unregistered User
Dec 11, 2010
Dave Hakstol is one of the most consistently surprising coaches in the NHL.

It was a surprise that he got hired in the first place.
It was a surprise it took as long for the Flyers to fire him as it did.
It was a surprise he caught on with Toronto instead of going back to college coaching.
It was a surprise that he was hired by Seattle.
It was a surprise that he got them to the second round last year.
It is a surprise that he's not getting another year with them, given the work he's already done there.

Best of luck to him in the future; I don't think he deserved this, but he'll probably land on his feet somewhere.
I don't know, you might be surprised.

...ba dum tss

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
The swing and a miss is from you friend. I said scoring chance generation. At 5v5, SEA was 20th in xGF/60 in 22/23, per Evolving Hockey. 22nd in scoring chances for/60, per NST. They don't create chances well. Which is exactly what I said.

The misunderstanding is from you not being able to distinguish results and the chance creation process. SEA was first league-wide in 5v5 shooting percentage in 22/23, at 10.4%. That was simply not repeatable, more the result of good fortune. They were at 8.2% in 21/22, and 7.7% in 23/24. Hmm, which one is the outlier here?

I was exactly correct. Hakstol teams don't generate much offense. He was the beneficiary of fortunate finishing in 22/23, which was not going to repeat itself. I had quite large positions against SEA this season (under point total, miss playoffs, and a very juicy H2H bet with VAN) for this reason.
I see @majormajor has decided to opt out rather than admit he's wrong?

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I mean what kind roster did he have this year?

Both can be true that he's a bad coach and he had a bad roster, but this runs a lot deeper than just the coach IMO.

Berniers not taking the next step in his development but having a kind of bad sophomore season was a huge factor in the Kraken not beeing that close to the PO's this year. Really needed more from him.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
After reading countless pages across the main boards, I have found one consensus: nobody likes Travis Green.

Listen, he was a good Islander and kissed my boy Palffy; that’s a winner right there.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
well, someone's lying. It's either Kaplan or Francis.

I doubt Seattle is lying what ever was said from the player was somehow leaked to the media and ESPN somehow misunderstood as that there was a ultimatum during exit interviews from what ever the source was.

The players and francis that spoke out said there was no ultimatum during the exit interviews that doesn't mean the GM was told from the players that they were not happy with Hakstol.

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010
It's pretty clear to me some players did tell Francis they were not happy with Hakstol. This got out to Kaplan who connected the dots in her head when Hakstol was fired. I mean because Hakstol was let go Kaplan took it as it was these players' actions that forced Francis to make the move. She then went on and reported it as she did. An ultimatum baby! Which naturally the Kraken then strongly denied. It's all between the lines.

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
It's pretty clear to me some players did tell Francis they were not happy with Hakstol. This got out to Kaplan who connected the dots in her head when Hakstol was fired. I mean because Hakstol was let go Kaplan took it as it was these players' actions that forced Francis to make the move. She then went on and reported it as she did. An ultimatum baby! Which naturally the Kraken then strongly denied. It's all between the lines.
Of course. Rule number 1 in the locker room: protect the team. You would never admit to that and cause possible further issues

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad