Kraft Hockeyville hits the USA

Nightsquad

Jan 25, 2014
I would like to hear who you guys think should win the Karft Hockeyville 2016. Im hoping for the Glens Falls Civic center in glens falls NY

Glens Fall is so divided right now sadly. It seems as though attendance is taking a hit with the politics of the arena. I was reading the comments from locals in their newspaper online and many residents seem to think no more money should be put into the arena. I would hate to see that community lose their arena, seems like people come from all around the region to go to hockey, concerts, and the NYS High School basketball finals there. The building inside can really use a facelift though, those ugly yellow stairs, and awful yellow and dirty ceiling beams gives the place a very tired look. If they come up with funds for a new scoreboard, seamless glass, and paint the place up it would give the arena a fresh modern look and breathe some life back into the building in time for the All Star game next season.

ADK34

Feb 1, 2016
Glens Falls, NY
I agree. I hav thunder season tix so I go all the time but there's not much they can do to fix it up. They will get a scoreboard by next year but I don't see any more modern upgrades considering where the money situation is at right now. It really is a nice rink and has nice hockey history. Glad to have it right down the street to catch some pro hockey.

PH Hockey Fan

Jan 14, 2015
We here in Port Huron are pulling for McMorran, also. I think it would play well on NBC Sports if we win the grand prize of hosting a NHL pre season game as Mike "Doc" Emerick got his broadcasting career start here back in the early 70's. We have named our broadcast booth in honor of Doc.

JackalsKnuckles

Jun 18, 2007
McMorran is a dump yo say the least. Not sure there's enough money to fix that up.

Have you been there? It is actually a neat place with a ton of character and not in bad of shape. I agree with the angle listed above that the Doc Emrick connection may be something that would play well for marketing purposes since he started there.

It is similar to Johnstown in a lot of ways, which was the winner last year.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Finalists are not announced until April.

First Arena in Elmira was also nominated.

https://www.krafthockeyville.com/

Interesting who submitted the jackals one I guess. Haven't been to a game in a couple of years but the last couple of years I went I don't recall Dr. Jackal still being there.

Lots of options on here. I wish they would dumb it down. You have arenas and then you have rec rinks.

Not sure what they'd do with that money over at the arena at this point. Especially if those guys are already looking at finding a way out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad