Rumor: Kovalchuk to Hawks?

HawksFan86

Jul 2, 2011
What are the odds Kovalchuck would sign with the Hawks for the mere pittance the Hawks could afford to pay him? Winning Power Ball has better odds.

But it is kinda neat to look at:

Saad-Toews-Panik
Kovalchuk-Anisimov-Kane
Sharp-Schmaltz-Hartman

Not a bad top-9.

Definitely wouldn't I think this is based on him signing with NJ, they retain but even then we'd be looking at like 3 mil in that dream scenario and not sure how we make it work.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Definitely wouldn't I think this is based on him signing with NJ, they retain but even then we'd be looking at like 3 mil in that dream scenario and not sure how we make it work.

if it is nj maybe a deal for seabs and draft pick for him.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
What are the odds Kovalchuck would sign with the Hawks for the mere pittance the Hawks could afford to pay him? Winning Power Ball has better odds.

But it is kinda neat to look at:

Saad-Toews-Panik
Kovalchuk-Anisimov-Kane
Sharp-Schmaltz-Hartman

Not a bad top-9.

That's more than not bad. That top 9 would be one of the best in the league.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Why would Seabs waive his NMC
..it is a full no trade till last 2 years of his deal when it becomes a modified no trade and he has to submit his list if asked .. We are a Stick with Seabrook 5 more years before bit modifies..Stan was simply nut giving g out that contract..

But NJ WOULD want picks or prospects. .

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Meh Stan doesn't have balls or the skill to do this deal the right way where he actually wins the trade, he can only lose trades, if Kovalchuck comes at 50% retained prepare to get hosed losing 1st, Schmaltz and Debrincat

How would you do this trade? What are the Devils needs? What are the Hawks most urgent needs?

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
How would you do this trade? What are the Devils needs? What are the Hawks most urgent needs?

What am I your research assistant, go find out what the Devils need by yourself. If the Hawks had a clueless GM that made no trades the past 3 years the team would have been better off lol so one doesn't need to know much to outsmart Stany Boy

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
What am I your research assistant, go find out what the Devils need by yourself. If the Hawks had a clueless GM that made no trades the past 3 years the team would have been better off lol so one doesn't need to know much to outsmart Stany Boy

Can you not even answer how you would make the trade? It is not a research project for you. The needs would just be basic follow up to why you included the prices for each side. This is basic civil discourse.

Killer Boots Man

Jul 8, 2015

That made me lol. Here are some interesting takes from their fans:

http://www.njdevs.com/forums/index....rmed-ilya-kovalchuk-to-return-to-nhl/&page=26

Someone mentioned John Hayden. Hayden + Hossa's contract for Kovy @50% retained would be sweet

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014

Uh, the past 3 years includes 2015 and at least a few of those trades worked out VERY well, lol

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Uh, the past 3 years includes 2015 and at least a few of those trades worked out VERY well, lol

I meant to say within the last 3 "offseasons", that's 3 including this one, the team has been completely destroyed by stupidity in that span! From cup winners to first round exit chumps and out of the playoff chumps to be this year, but there are really good news out of all of this!!! The fan beloved Toews will be enjoying his 10.5M/yr no matter what :)

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
Not a chance, IMO I'd guess the fella wants to get paid and that's not going to happen with the Hawks, no reason to speculate beyond fairy tales.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Kovalchuk would be great. He can still skate, shoot the puck and with the minutes he would get with Kane, he could put 30+30. He has as good shot as Panarin from the left point.

Would love to have him but I can't see anyway this is happening. Well they could fit him if Devils retain like 33% of his cap hit but at what cost?

TheSting

Jun 22, 2015
Other players have waved no movement clauses before (who wants to stick around when they not wanted?)

Last edited:

ModryJazyk

Go Hawks !
Feb 22, 2010
Bratislava
Kovalcuk's way to communicate with his team (after was scratched for couple of games for lazy/bad performance), disrespectful moron anywhere he actually is.I can't imagine him and Toews in one locker room.Not to mention Quenneville.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
:shakehead Hawks line-up is crying out for a sniper. It doesn't matter the Nationality.

the way some of those guys act, I'd avoid them. Kovalchuk is cancer and I don't care about the other stuff. He isn't 26 anymore and a 100 pts player

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
the way some of those guys act, I'd avoid them. Kovalchuk is cancer and I don't care about the other stuff. He isn't 26 anymore and a 100 pts player

This team needs talent, that's all there is to it.

And he's 34, I'm sure he has plenty left in the tank. Only concern would be something like a 6-8 year deal, which doesn't seem practical anyways.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can

We heard that same crap from some here about Emery, then Carcillo, then Tootoo, recently about Evander Kane, James Neal and now Kovalchuk. Beggars can't be choosers and the team needs a goal scorer. Hawk fans need to get over themselves with these goody-goody attitudes.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
for those who responded about getting Kov. i am with bubba88 on this one. he is still even having problems in russia and sat out a couple of games for bad attitude and being lazy during a game.

so no, i really wouldn't wish him on anyone, esp the hawks and Q.

TheSting

Jun 22, 2015
I meant to say within the last 3 "offseasons", that's 3 including this one, the team has been completely destroyed by stupidity in that span! From cup winners to first round exit chumps and out of the playoff chumps to be this year, but there are really good news out of all of this!!! The fan beloved Toews will be enjoying his 10.5M/yr no matter what :)

I hear ya bro!

Still can't believe Perennial presidents cup champion Washington Capitals have lost Justin Williams, Karl Azner, Kevin Shattenkirk and Marcus Johansson for no compensation.

Say bye bye to repeat Presidents cup next year and it's all due to Stan Bowman!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad