Prospect Info: Korshkov is coming over

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
I think Dubas needs to get rid of all of Babs favourite toys: Brown/Hainsey/Kadri/Marleau.
God forbid he'd be forced to give meaningful ice time to his young stars

Brown Marleau, yes. Hainsey is gone anyways?? Kadri needs heavy wings. He gets fired up by aggressions.

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
Either it was a no brainer as in it was an obvious choice and no one gets credit. Or it was a no brainer as in Hunter doesn’t have a brain. And there will be no in between.

I am Canadian

AM34|WN88|MM16
May 22, 2008
Toronto
Brown Marleau, yes. Hainsey is gone anyways?? Kadri needs heavy wings. He gets fired up by aggressions.

I think Hainsey is coming back on a 1 year deal, I don't mind him at less usage but Babcock will just throw him on the top pair.

Muzzin - Rielly
Dermott - Zaitsev
Rosen - Hainsey

Korshkov has a chance to make it if Marleau isn't here next year.

glue

Jan 30, 2006
Toronto
I think Hainsey is coming back on a 1 year deal, I don't mind him at less usage but Babcock will just throw him on the top pair.

Muzzin - Rielly
Dermott - Zaitsev
Rosen - Hainsey

Korshkov has a chance to make it if Marleau isn't here next year.

I'm starting to believe this is a real possibility given how much Marleau's play has dropped. And if he's as amazing a person as Babcock has described (you get better by just walking past him), he'll recognize this and once he receives most of his money (I think after July 1st??), he'll do the right thing and retire

PromoterDave

Apr 22, 2016
Toronto
If he can come in and be like Nikolai Kulemin, I'd be fine with the pick. Hopefully he plays in 2020 or even 2021 and puts up 30-40 pts a season

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
One (or 2) of Kadri/Kappy/Johnsson need to be used to fix the D.

We don’t need 4 million + players down the lineup with the 3 + Marner deal.

You spend the money on LW for Matthews...Nylander

You have Hyman...JT...Marner

That’s enough forward cash.

A 3C at 1.5 - 2 million defensively sound.

Rielly + Partner (heavier D minded that can move the puck)
Muzzin + (like a RH Gardiner. A Spurgeon guy)

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
Bracco u can already sense is going to get the Nylander treatment. Bracco imo deserves a look on the 3rd line wing next year if his top speed keep improving, with Kadri-Moore. Bracco also can play on the 2nd PP. He might be able to elevate Kadri and keep him engaged knowing Bracco has excellent vision.

Imo, Connor Brown has to be moved in the off season. Moore is already more impressive. Far superior skating. Brown's skating imo, is getting exposed especially backpressure.

5th among Leaf forwards for 1st assists, kills penalties, patiently waits for no-risk plays and just slowly ended up a plus 0 or a plus 1. Think about it, outside of killing penalties, he's only been on the ice for 24 goals against. Matthews and Nylander are continuing their trend from the playoffs, letting in more goals then they score. Flashy might be fun, but every time some of these "stars" hit
the ice, when it's all said and done, the team takes a step in the wrong direction.

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
Korshkov on a 3 year ELC would be another solid addition.
If he works out and is on the 4w next year, its yet another guy making under a million.
Rosen
Dermott
Gauthier
Moore
Sparks
Petan
Holl
Korshkov

8 spots filled for under 7 million would really help balance the top end guys big deals.

Reactions: 17 Clark

Leafsman

I guess $11M doesn't buy you what it use to
May 22, 2008
I'm starting to believe this is a real possibility given how much Marleau's play has dropped. And if he's as amazing a person as Babcock has described (you get better by just walking past him), he'll recognize this and once he receives most of his money (I think after July 1st??), he'll do the right thing and retire

I believe with a 35+ contract, you're still stuck with the cap hit if he retires.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Korshkov on a 3 year ELC would be another solid addition.
If he works out and is on the 4w next year, its yet another guy making under a million.
Rosen
Dermott
Gauthier
Moore
Sparks
Petan
Holl
Korshkov

8 spots filled for under 7 million would really help balance the top end guys big deals.

I'm not sure what's so exciting about that list, half of them are marginal NHLers. But let's say that top to bottom, it's a great list of young talent on the rise, how many of the best performers can possibly stay with the organization past their ELCs if the team is completely top heavy in salary? A couple maybe? That means that this list has to be re-assembled every off season for the next decade.

Due to his age, Korshkov will be a 2 year ELC.

AreBe

This is the Real Are Be and not a Burner account!
Apr 1, 2013
Oh no! More Skill!
We are Leafs Nation!
These Leafs have excessive skating, passing, play making, we should share like Karl Marx, enough with this thrill
Leafs Nation has a long history of celebrating the Leafs development of future Stanley Cup winners, just not in Toronto- that's not our situation

kb

Aug 28, 2009
I think it is time to see what he can do in a Leafs jersey. He's seemingly adjusted to NA ice, plus his size and penchant for being a netfront presence and being a big body on the wall is sorely needed.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
I think it is time to see what he can do in a Leafs jersey. He's seemingly adjusted to NA ice, plus his size and penchant for being a netfront presence and being a big body on the wall is sorely needed.

Who does he replace though?

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Who does he replace though?
That's the bigger question. He can replace Johnsson or Kapanen. There is going to be a little cap crunch when Hyman returns unless the Leafs plan to run a roster of 20 or 21.

Although even with Johnsson moved, the LW depth chart will look like this.

Hyman
Mikheyev
Moore
Timashov

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
That's the bigger question. He can replace Johnsson or Kapanen. There is going to be a little cap crunch when Hyman returns unless the Leafs plan to run a roster of 20 or 21.

Hyman
Mikheyev
Moore
Timashov

Timashov odd man out probably.... I image Petan goes too, one of marincin/Holl.....

Swedish Gretzky

Oct 12, 2017
Sweden

Hyman
Mikheyev
Moore
Timashov

Most definitely people will ne moved. It would be interesting to see if the expansion draft affects their decisions going forward.

Reactions: kb

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad