Recalled/Assigned: Korbinian Holzer recalled

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
James Mirtle ‏@mirtle 1m1 minute ago
Holzer will be to replace someone on right side. Franson has had bit of ankle issue I believe. Polak and Robidas the other possibilities.

Paul Hendrick ‏@HennyTweets 3m3 minutes ago Buffalo, NY
Leafs recall Korbinian Holzer on an emergency basis.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Likely Robidas.

He got hit into the boards in last nights game, Iwonder if he will be in the line-up tonight?

Paul Hendrick @HennyTweets
A real possibility that Holzer doesn't play tonight. I'd expect all 7 D take warmup and a decision is then taken. #TMLtalk

TorontoMapleLeafsFan*

James Mirtle ‏@mirtle 1m1 minute ago
Holzer will be to replace someone on right side. Franson has had bit of ankle issue I believe. Polak and Robidas the other possibilities.

Paul Hendrick ‏@HennyTweets 3m3 minutes ago Buffalo, NY
Leafs recall Korbinian Holzer on an emergency basis.

Good for Korbinian Holzer as he should be Toronto Maple Leafs #7 defenseman and to make room for him, Toronto should send Trevor Smith, Carter Ashton and Josh Leivo to the AHL Marlies.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Good for Korbinian Holzer as he should be Toronto Maple Leafs #7 defenseman and to make room for him, Toronto should send Trevor Smith, Carter Ashton and Josh Leivo to the AHL Marlies.

We should keep Ashton or trade him as a part of a package. If he comes back and plays decent, we may be able to move him another way, but that's unlikely.

I could see Holzer either traded, or kept as a 6/7 defenseman if we trade Franson/Gardiner. There are teams that need defensemen depth (Anaheim and Columbus for example), and we could definitely trade him for a good return.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
David Alter @dalter
Carlyle says the #leafs have some guys who have bumps and bruises so they want to have someone up on D just in case. #TMLtalk

James Mirtle @mirtle
So Leafs recall of Holzer is merely precautionary. Some D fighting minor things and team is on the road.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Holzer is better than Robidas and Franson. Sad that he's not playing. He'd be another physical guy like Polak on the backend.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad