Kings News: Kopitar is Selke finalist!

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
...Kopitar, Bergeron, Kesler. I must say the NHL got this one right I think.

I'm impressed they were able to see Kesler's impact to be honest, you could portray his performance as negative in some ways if you really wanted to. Edit: I'm not saying anyone should. Just saying he was getting bashed pretty hard when it was pointless, he clearly had a huge defensive/two-way impact.

Last edited:

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
LOL at Sharks fans bent out of shape over Thornton getting no nomination.

Take a look at Thornton's shorthanded ice time average. How could a player who saw 3 minutes of PK ice time during the entire season is worthy of consideration for an award for the best defensive forward?

Thankfully the voters got this one right, though I figure Kopitar will come short of 1st place votes and they'll just give it to Bergeron, again.

Oh and there's this to add:

Last edited:

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Luckily most people like Kopitar so they won't flat out "LOL KOPITAR" him like Quick and Doughty on Friday but looking forward to the bashing anyway.

I think it's Bergeron's. He's deserving too, which is unfortunate for Kopitar who had his best all-around season...but Kesler likely took a large chunk out of Kopi's vote being west coast and all.

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Statistically of the three of them, Kopitar really should win it. He ranks higher than them in everything but faceoff numbers and his faceoff numbers weren't poor(so it wasn't really a weakness of his).

Unfortunately for his award prospects he plays too far west.

The Night King

Mar 25, 2014
California
Meh. I'm sure Bergeron will win it.

Kesler always seems to be the most noticeable player on the ducks, for good and bad reasons. He's a hard working arrogant *******.

Haha, HF mutes everything.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Well, it will be no surprise--if it hasn't happened yet--when, just like with the Karlsson discussions, everything comes back to CF% rel.

Bergeron is amazing and crushes it there, but I'm so sick of that being the be-all and end-all.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
I think Bergeron deserves the award. He had an amazing season on a pretty poor team.

Bergeron is a horse for Boston, and they suck without him on the ice. He is the best Defensive forward in the league, gets my vote.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I think Bergeron deserves the award. He had an amazing season on a pretty poor team.

Bergeron is a horse for Boston, and they suck without him on the ice. He is the best Defensive forward in the league, gets my vote.

I don't disagree in general but I'm less than thrilled with the now-pervasive mentality that big fish in small ponds are due trophies. People are being steered away from being impressed by great players on great teams because they're on great teams and must therefore be getting carried rather than being a reason for that success.

It's insanely hard to distinguish yourself when you're pushing 60% CF% but the rest of your team is still great at it, for example.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
I expect a close vote but Bergeron will always get the easy east coast votes. It's nice for Kopitar to nominated 4 straight years.

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
oscars-pine.gif

redcard

System Poster
Mar 12, 2007
I think what will inhibit Kopi's chances of winning is that the same people voted for the Selke and the Norris. Some of the voters might have had a difficult time justifying putting Kopi and Drew down as #1 for both.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad