Not open for further replies.

Thomas

Jul 10, 2003
Waterloo
2minutes.proboards23.com
1 - Hainsey
2 - Hainsey
3 - Komisarek

Im not a very big Komisarek fan, I think hes highly over rated by some fans. Hainsey has the better skill set and all around game, hes just lacking the maturity at this point. Hainsey is the more talented but Komisarek will be the one to make the most noise around the NHL because size is rated above almost everything else. Komisarek is a good supporting role on a defensive pairing, but Hainsey has the better potential IMO, he can make a difference in a game with his offensive style.

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Thomas said:
1 - Hainsey
2 - Hainsey
3 - Komisarek

Im not a very big Komisarek fan, I think hes highly over rated by some fans. Hainsey has the better skill set and all around game, hes just lacking the maturity at this point. Hainsey is the more talented but Komisarek will be the one to make the most noise around the NHL because size is rated above almost everything else. Komisarek is a good supporting role on a defensive pairing, but Hainsey has the better potential IMO, he can make a difference in a game with his offensive style.
Komisarek is a rare commidity !!
Big RD (6'4 240) .. with good speed,shoot right and a good offensive potential !!
I'll keep Komi anytime of the week !!

Munchausen

Hard to compare Komisarek and Hainsey. They're completely different players.

Komisarek is huge, physically punishing, willing to work hard on and off the ice and has an examplary (captain material) attitude and maturity. He's a safe bet to become good, but he doesn't have the potential Hainsey has. Good first pass and pretty good low heavy shot with OK hockey sense.

Hainsey on the other hand is smooth skating, with excellent mobility and speed and superb hockey sense. Excellent PP setup abilities and passing skills. The problem with him has been attitude and will to work on his weaknesses and concentration. Big ego and a bit full of himself. But the guy could become twice the Dman Komisarek will become (all around), just because he has so much talent (more than Markov IMO) and he's also a big guy that showed signs of developing a mean streak during Hamilton's last year playoff run. Sky's pretty much the limit for him, but he'll develop much more slowly than Komisarek who's way more coachable.

Komisarek could surprise offensively as he has underrated skills in that regard. The safe choice is of course Komisarek who I don't see how he could fail to become a good top-3 Dman. Hainsey has the potential to become a #1 in this league, or just as well bust and never mature enough to be relied on with big minutes.

So to answer the original post, #2 is clearly Hainsey but #1 and #3 will depend on how Hainsey develop (and how much) as he has the potential to be better, but projecting a final result with him is much more complicated.

Thomas

Jul 10, 2003
Waterloo
2minutes.proboards23.com
Kryoptix said:
Komisarek is a rare commidity !!
Big RD (6'4 240) .. with good speed,shoot right and a good offensive potential !!
I'll keep Komi anytime of the week !!

He never asked who'd you rather have. Big defenseman arent a very rare commodity around the league anymore. Hainsey isnt much smaller in that department, just not as physical. Komisarek was drafted for his physical play while Hainsey for his excellent hockey sense and offensive ability. In reality, they are two different defenseman and not easily compared. However, as Munchausen said, Hainsey's potential is a lot greater than Komisarek's. Hainsey can lead a team as a #1 defenseman, while Komisarek is more of a support defenseman for a guy like Markov or Hainsey. Montreal fans have a bias towards Komisarek because we dont have many young physical defenseman, whereas we have Markov who plays a similar game to Hainsey (though Hainsey's offensive potential is much higher).

arsobro

Oct 4, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Komisarek cannot fail

Hainsey could turn in another Fogarty. It seems that he likes too much Montreal night life. Maybe time will be on his side.

Freaky Habs Fan

Apr 26, 2003
New-Brunswick
Visit site
I see Souray in Komisarek. Komi have an exellent first past! Nice shot and very physical. I think he will be a top 2 D-man in Montreal and for many years. Maybe the future captain. A sure bet.

For Hainsey, he's better offensively but it's another story in the defensive zone. Like the other posters said, it will depend of his maturity because the size/skills are there.

So: 1-Komisarek
2-Hainsey
3-Komisarek

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
arsobro said:
Hainsey could turn in another Fogarty. It seems that he likes too much Montreal night life. Maybe time will be on his side.

Remind me of Souray not long ago , i think we will be able to says wich of Komi or Hainsey will have the biggest impact as a player in about 5-6 years . I'll think Komisarek will be the best of the 2 .

Habsaku

Apr 28, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Hainsey's only limit is the sky. He has all the tools to become an elite defensemen, I'm even gonna make a bold statement saying he's got Norris candidate talent, but he's got a 10 cent head. This guy is about 15 years old in his mind, he'll need a few years to mature(if he ever does) before making a real impact. But when he gets going theres no stopping him. He still makes a lot of boneheaded plays in the defensive zone but thats just because he lacks intensity due to a lack of work ethic.

Komisarek, on the other hand, is already better then Rivet and Quintal and could become one of our top 3 defensemen as soon as next year, or even the end of this year. He's a very mobile monster who isn't affraid to hit, who very few players can move and who has a tremendous shot and very accurate first passes. His work ethic is examplory and his off ice comments are too. Definetly a very reliable D who will make a great pair with Markov. They complete each other very well IMO.

chicpea*

Hainsey

I haven't heard much about Hainsey's off-ice/nightlife problems.
Anyone care to elaborate?

Thomas

Jul 10, 2003
Waterloo
2minutes.proboards23.com
chicpea said:
I haven't heard much about Hainsey's off-ice/nightlife problems.
Anyone care to elaborate?

I wouldnt really call it a nightlife problem, he, like most 21 year old guys out there, tend to go out at night instead of focusing on thier job. Most have dubbed him "Hollywood" Hainsey, where he supposedly thinks hes a surefire NHLer. He does have the skill but lacks the effort to become that NHLer at this point. I blame this partly on the Habs having poor off ice leadership, surround him with some good vets and he wont spend his nights partying. This is however all hersay from the media, he seems pretty level headed in interviews I've heard and seen. Once he grows up a bit and puts this behind him he will be a leader on the Habs defense.

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
Thomas said:
I wouldnt really call it a nightlife problem, he, like most 21 year old guys out there, tend to go out at night instead of focusing on thier job. Most have dubbed him "Hollywood" Hainsey, where he supposedly thinks hes a surefire NHLer. He does have the skill but lacks the effort to become that NHLer at this point. I blame this partly on the Habs having poor off ice leadership, surround him with some good vets and he wont spend his nights partying. This is however all hersay from the media, he seems pretty level headed in interviews I've heard and seen. Once he grows up a bit and puts this behind him he will be a leader on the Habs defense.

I personally believe in personal choices. I guarentee you Hab management has talked to him, veterans have talked to him, a guy like Ribeiro probably has mentioned that this isn't the way to succeed at the NHL level. There is only ONE person who can change his attitude and behavior on and off the ice, and that is Ron Hainsey himself. Their are lots of factors including his parents, but it still comes down to him. You can't coddle a player for ever.

habsfansam

Jul 22, 2003
Somewhere dark...?
Habsaku said:
Komisarek, on the other hand, is already better then Rivet and Quintal and could become one of our top 3 defensemen as soon as next year, or even the end of this year. He's a very mobile monster who isn't affraid to hit, who very few players can move and who has a tremendous shot and very accurate first passes. His work ethic is examplory and his off ice comments are too. Definetly a very reliable D who will make a great pair with Markov. They complete each other very well IMO.

Not quite yet... i've been watching pretty closely, and as much as i love komi, he isn't better than Quintal right now. It's rather difficult not to be better than Rivet this season, but if he finds his head once again i think you'll see Rivet make better decisions (like last year).

All that to say that Komi still isn't full-on NHL ready right now... he's got lots of learning to do before his reality begins to catch up with his potential. He has made improvements, but you'll notice that his icetime isn't that good in the 3rd in tight games cause he makes rookie mistakes under pressure... a sure sign that while Claude Julien likes the kid, he isn't in montreal's top 4 yet, maybe not until 1 or 2 years from now. Also, i'd wait to see the captain label on his jersey for a longtime yet, especially with character guys like ferland, higgins, beauchemin, plekanec coming along nicely...WAY too early for that sort of talk.

Hainsey looked good in his cup o' tea with the habs earlier this season... great stickwork in the defensive zone, and possesses a real aptitude for standing up at the blueline (remeniscent of the 70s Habs defense). He is a headcase, but with maturity he'll begin to reach his vast potential...
Hard to blame the kid since i live in montreal and know what its like there... he's in a whole new place with lots of money at his disposal and the montreal women ARE THE MOST BEAUTIFUL ON EARTH so i think it'd go to my head if i could afford to impress them. Recipe for trouble... maybe? Like Souray, he'll learn once one of them grabs him, drags him before the altar, and has his baby.

Last edited:

chicpea*

Ron is it you?!

Ron Hainsey said:
Ok ok, I'll stop the alcohol and the beautiful girls and I'll concentrate on my job.

Ron,
if it's really you, please skate by theo's (or garon's) net and tap both posts in the second period. By the way, things are shaping up, non? ;)

gohabsgo2010

Feb 28, 2003
sign Patrick Poulin
Ron Hainsey said:
Ok ok, I'll stop the alcohol and the beautiful girls and I'll concentrate on my job.

Ha! :handclap: You'd better. You reach half of that potential and you'll be quite the defenceman. Along with Souray, Markov, and Komisarek, Hainsey should help to form an excellent blueline in Montreal.

About Komisarek, when I spoke with a former Michigan player, he said he really didn't think Komisarek was fast enough, mentally, to be a dominant defenceman. Not only that, but during his time in Ann Arbour, Komisarek was sometimes described by Berenson, according to this player, as someone who was really often lacking that killer instinct or constant drive, the ability to be 'super mean' if you will, on some nights, which may also contribute to him never becoming what some Hab fans hope. Don't get me wrong, a big and potentially physical defenceman is something we don't have alot of in Montreal, and if Komisarek maxes out as a Mike Rathje-esque top-four defenceman, than I'll be thrilled. He's still young, and has so much time left in his career to fix whatever may be troubling him, en route to becoming that punishing defender we'd all like to see roaming the Bell Centre Blueline.

Hainsey over Komisarek in my opinion.

dulzhok

Feb 20, 2003
Visit site
jl.roberts said:
Don't get me wrong, a big and potentially physical defenceman is something we don't have alot of in Montreal, and if Komisarek maxes out as a Mike Rathje-esque top-four defencemanQUOTE]
I think he'll be a little more physical than Rayhje, but a lot less physical than say Derian hatcher.

Thomas

Jul 10, 2003
Waterloo
2minutes.proboards23.com
I just dont see a mean streak in Komisarek. He will lay out big hits, but that natural meaness that would make him physically dominant is not there. Hainsey seemed to have a bigger one, at least in Hamitlon last season.

Darz

Sep 22, 2002
Where's the ANY key?
Visit site
Komisarek is the safer bet to become a regular top four dman. As blue chip as Montreal has seen in awhile.

Hainsey is the bigger gamble. Could be a future Norris candidate (has the skills) but could also become a career AHL type as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad