• Thread starter Penalty Kill Icing*
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Yes PLEASE ... He was a beauty 4th liner, bring him back!! Brought an element the Leafs are lacking on a consistent basis

Sergei Berezin

You're Wrong
Jan 5, 2007
Ottawa, ON
That's nice, but he's doing well with his team in the KHL and I highly doubt he'll want too much under $3M considering the offers he'll get in the K.

The Leafs hopefully won't give anything over $2, and that most likely won't be enough. I'm sure Edmonton or Philly or someone will give him a 4 year/$12M contract.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
unless we stick him on the third line - then we can! :handclap:
i don't know how we can bring him back this season unless we do some cap voodoo

Penalty Kill Icing*

He was the 3rd most used forward on our very successful PK last year.

A calm head that can make opposition go crazy, and a hitting machine. He would be very useful for this club.

Durkin67

He won't get more than 4th line minutes on the Leafs and they'll extend him a contract which reflects this fact. He won't be back.

I'd trade Kulemin for a 2nd to make room for him on the 3rd line. Kulemn wont be back IMO.

Sergei Berezin

You're Wrong
Jan 5, 2007
Ottawa, ON
He was the 3rd most used forward on our very successful PK last year.

A calm head that can make opposition go crazy, and a hitting machine. He would be very useful for this club.

It's true. He's the kind of utility player we desperately lack.

However, I fear he's too good to play 3rd or 4th line minutes, but not good enough to be a contributor in the top-6 like he thinks he can/has shown he can do in the K.

Hopefully we can develop another Komarov.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
I'd trade Kulemin for a 2nd to make room for him on the 3rd line. Kulemn wont be back IMO.

I would much rather have D'Amigo take Kulemin's spot. D'Amigo is controllable and can be signed to a dirt cheap contract for the next few years.

Durkin67

I would much rather have D'Amigo take Kulemin's spot. D'Amigo is controllable and can be signed to a dirt cheap contract for the next few years.

What's wrong with playing Jerry on the fourth line?

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
i really liked the guy... but i didn't think his skill level was quite at the NHL level. It was great to see him play hard and hit people, but he didn't have much offensive tallent. maybe that's changed, I don't know.

I'd take him for 1 million and put him on the 4th line... but that's about it.

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
He won't get more than 4th line minutes on the Leafs and they'll extend him a contract which reflects this fact. He won't be back.

Pretty much this.

While I'm sure the Leafs would welcome Komarov back with open arms, they really don't need him. They havea ton of depth up front. They also don't really have the cap space to pay him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad