Confirmed with Link: Kolesar files for arbitration UPD signs for 3x$1.4m

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City

Kolesar files, Roy does not.

VGK can elect arbitration on Roy by tomorrow 2pm PT.

However "walk away" arbitration awards are more than $4.5m. (Anything under that they have to accept.)

VGK gets to select the term for arbitration on Kolesar, one or two years (excluding any UFA eligibility).

Or they can negotiate new deal before hearing/award.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
I know he's technically an asset, but feels like whatever he gets is going to be an overpay. I just fail to see him being worth anything more than an NHL minimum contract and that's being generous.

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
Any rumours on what kind of money or term he wants?

I would think Vegas, with very little cap room, would prefer a short term deal for as little cap hit as possible?

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
This is a good contract. I view contracts in how hard would they be to hypothetically move? This wouldn't be hard to move at all so I have no problem with it.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
$1.4 per year for 3 years:

Not bad right? I feel like he’s a good 3rd liner for Vegas?
He's an average fourth liner.

He's a goalscorer who will get himself open... But he can't actually shoot the puck.

Kelly gave him Carrier's deal minus a year(at the same age, too). Fair, albeit I preferred Carrier when he signed his contract, though.

Reactions: RapidKnight

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
He's an average fourth liner.

He's a goalscorer who will get himself open... But he can't actually shoot the puck.

Kelly gave him Carrier's deal minus a year(at the same age, too). Fair, albeit I preferred Carrier when he signed his contract, though.

I understand he is not much of a goal scorer. But that’s not the job of a 4th liner. I think he does bring other good elements to the table no? Hitting, blocking shots, defensive play, fighting, etc. To me that makes him a pretty good 4th liner…

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
I understand he is not much of a goal scorer. But that’s not the job of a 4th liner. I think he does bring other good elements to the table no? Hitting, blocking shots, defensive play, fighting, etc. To me that makes him a pretty good 4th liner…
His defensive play is nothing to write home about. He hits and he fights, he's average at both, but at least he hits often. Blocks an average amount of shots for a fourth liner in Vegas. Pretty average.

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
His defensive play is nothing to write home about. He hits and he fights, he's average at both, but at least he hits often. Blocks an average amount of shots for a fourth liner in Vegas. Pretty average.
His real problem defensively is his lack of speed. He is consistently well behind the play. His other problem was that PDB played him well above where he belonged, hopefully Cassidy doesn't fall in love with him like PDB.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Guy is like the definition of a replacement level player. Bring someone up from Henderson and probably can get nearly as much production, less the hits and fights. On a team without cap issues this contract is no problem, but frankly id rather have someone on a rookie deal that I can send down when needed, plus get cap space. His scoring felt like a result from playing higher up in the lineup due to injuries and not some newfound production.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017

Doesn't even fight most of the times he should, since Reavo left. That, of course, could have been under DeBore's instruction.

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
Guy is like the definition of a replacement level player. Bring someone up from Henderson and probably can get nearly as much production, less the hits and fights. On a team without cap issues this contract is no problem, but frankly id rather have someone on a rookie deal that I can send down when needed, plus get cap space. His scoring felt like a result from playing higher up in the lineup due to injuries and not some newfound production.
Unless he's made major strides since last year he is very easily replaced much closer to league minimum.

Reactions: IceNeophyte

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad