Prospect Info: Kole Lind

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Ceiling is 1st line or 2nd line?

Realistically you shouldn't expect any 2nd round pick to become a top liner but Lind does have (potentially) that kind of ceiling. Excellent scoring instincts and good tools to go with it. No real weaknesses as I can see and produced at a very strong clip for draft eligible.

Cross your fingers and hope he continues to develop at the same high rate and in 2-3 years we may have something very good. Certainly a player I'm excited to follow next year.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
To me Lind is a future 3rd liner if he makes it. Maybe 2nd line if he really hits.

His point totals look nice but there's really nothing dynamic in his game that projects to create high-end offence at higher levels. Average skater, average finisher, decent but not spectacular playmaking skills. But he's a heady guy with some grit who will have decent size/strength when he fills out.

Solid enough pick but not expecting a home run here.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Decent pick, would have preferred some others but I'm just glad we didn't reach.

Free Edler

Enjoy retirement, boys.
Feb 27, 2002
Surrey, BC
To me Lind is a future 3rd liner if he makes it. Maybe 2nd line if he really hits.

His point totals look nice but there's really nothing dynamic in his game that projects to create high-end offence at higher levels. Average skater, average finisher, decent but not spectacular playmaking skills. But he's a heady guy with some grit who will have decent size/strength when he fills out.

I agree with this. I saw Lind play a few times this year and he looks like a guy who will be a professional hockey player, with a really good shot at being an NHL regular. He's about as close to a "safe" pick as can be had at this point in the draft.

That said - and this is just my opinion - he outplayed a few of his teammates with established pedigrees, like Nick Merkley and Dillon Dube, when I saw the Rockets come into town. And with his late birth date, he will get a shot to start in Utica in 18-19, so we may know what we have before long.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site

Hey, I'll take one of those half decade ''tweener'' types with a 2nd round pick. You're more than likely to get a career AHL/Europe guy out of a 2nd round pick.

JumpierPegasus

Mar 3, 2011
Abbotsford, BC
I agree with this. I saw Lind play a few times this year and he looks like a guy who will be a professional hockey player, with a really good shot at being an NHL regular. He's about as close to a "safe" pick as can be had at this point in the draft.

That said - and this is just my opinion - he outplayed a few of his teammates with established pedigrees, like Nick Merkley and Dillon Dube, when I saw the Rockets come into town. And with his late birth date, he will get a shot to start in Utica in 18-19, so we may know what we have before long.

Which is fine. We swung with Pettersson, hopefully grabbing a future elite 1st liner, Lind being a 2nd/3rd line winger who is just steady to play alongside Horvat/Gaudette is fine in round 2

Really bolstered our forward core in this draft, now we just need to start drafting some defenders, hopefully starting with Dahlin

Street Hawk

Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
Realistically you shouldn't expect any 2nd round pick to become a top liner but Lind does have (potentially) that kind of ceiling. Excellent scoring instincts and good tools to go with it. No real weaknesses as I can see and produced at a very strong clip for draft eligible.

Cross your fingers and hope he continues to develop at the same high rate and in 2-3 years we may have something very good. Certainly a player I'm excited to follow next year.

He won't drive the offence for a 1st line. Can be the goal scorer if you are pairing him with the 2 Swedes for example.

I'm happy with the pick.

At RW it can be Boeser on the 1st, Lind on the 2nd, Lockwood on the 3rd
At C, Pettersson on the 1st, Horvat on the 2nd, Gaudette on the 3rd
At LW Dahlen on the 1st, Goldy on the 2nd, Gadjovich on the 3rd

On sheer talent, that's probably how I would slot them. But, for team chemistry, you can move them around a bit for the top 2 lines.

He has a late Bday, so he only has 1 more year of Junior, then he can turn pro and play in the AHL. That's the path I expect for him. See him with a shot to make the team in 2019, same as Pettersson.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
He won't drive the offence for a 1st line. Can be the goal scorer if you are pairing him with the 2 Swedes for example.

I'm happy with the pick.

At RW it can be Boeser on the 1st, Lind on the 2nd, Lockwood on the 3rd
At C, Pettersson on the 1st, Horvat on the 2nd, Gaudette on the 3rd
At LW Dahlen on the 1st, Goldy on the 2nd, Gadjovich on the 3rd

On sheer talent, that's probably how I would slot them. But, for team chemistry, you can move them around a bit for the top 2 lines.

He has a late Bday, so he only has 1 more year of Junior, then he can turn pro and play in the AHL. That's the path I expect for him. See him with a shot to make the team in 2019, same as Pettersson.

No not a line driver - few wingers really do that even on top lines - but more of a "skilled finisher / play maker" on the wing. Closest guy I can think of at the NHL level is maybe Justin Williams where he is solid in all areas and very smart but doesn't wow you with any single skill or attribute (but isn't weak in any either).

To me that's a potential top liner in that he could play on a top line and help make it better. Not that he's going to be the best player on it a la Kane or Benn.

Gaunce4gm

Trusted Hockey Man
Dec 5, 2015
Victoria B.C.
Not as fast as Hansen and not as good defensively but more creative offensively with better hands in tight. Probably comparable in terms of overall usefulness to an orginization in terms of moving up and down the lineup.

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
awww booo he'll be too old for world juniors in vancouver :'(

are we really setting our 2nd round picks comparable as jannik hansen? Why are so many players compared to Jannik Hansen with this fanbase?

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
awww booo he'll be too old for world juniors in vancouver :'(

are we really setting our 2nd round picks comparable as jannik hansen? Why are so many players compared to Jannik Hansen with this fanbase?

Familiar archetype?

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
Yes!!!!!!! I was posting on here about him 2 weeks ago!! He was my ideal pick for 33!!!!

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015

So basically a par for the course Benning selection.

groov2

Apr 11, 2014
Vancouver
Great pick. This kid has an extremely accurate shot, which is partially attributed to the fact that he never looks down; his eyes are always on target.

Petrichor

Jan 25, 2017
Good pick. Looks like he has all the tools to become an NHL player. Skating, shot and IQ all there. His point totals are comparable to Cody Glass.

His upper end potential is like Jordan Eberle. Chances are he won't crack the line-up for another 2-3 years, but Utica will be adding some huge offensive power a year later.

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010

RXYwgD4.png

vs

cbZs1Mk.png

hVJB5b0.png

eO7hpiP.png

yeah. i wanted more of a boomer at 33 but im honestly ok with lind. i think lind was also a bit of a gamble - they had a pick later in the round and there were a lot of good forwards around there and i guess they figured lind was the most likely to not be available later

maybe a failed gamble but im actually ok with it. as long as you're still taking a good player, i think the team that makes those types of gambles intelligently comes out ahead in the long run.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Pretty good pick. Watched him play on TV a couple times last year, he's a smart, shoot first player that will go to the net and has some size.

I woulda prefered Anderson-Dolan here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad