Kobasew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sergei Zubov

Sep 23, 2003
I've watched the whole Flames vs. Canucks game and i often heard the name of Kobasew throughout the match. I have red alot about him and he seems a good prospect but i though he seemed to be easily pushed away from the puck and basically did not do much during the game.

What should we expect from him this year and for the next couple of years? What role will he be playing for Flames this season?

Thanks

kruezer

Apr 21, 2002
North Bay
I think he'll be given every chance to play on the 2nd RW. He's got a real good feel for the game, his hockey sense is by far his best assest IMO. He isn't really tall or very strong yet (which is part of his problem with getting taken off the puck). I think he needs to hit the weight room a little still, he's (relatively) small and thick but it doesn't seem like he has quite the upper or lower body strength yet to play against NHL D-men. He does, however, have that knack of showing up with the puck in scoring situations which helps him to score quite a bit. I'm hoping that this year he can earn the 2nd line RW job with Rhino as his centre. This may not happen right away so 15ish goals would be great this year, but I think he'll become at least a consistent 25 goal player in the future.

Qubax

Oct 25, 2002
Visit site
Honestly he's a lot like Hull....

Brett Hull not Jody ....

I know that is quite the comparison and he won't do much without a centreman then can feed him the puck but his release and shot accuaray are uncanny...

Phanuthier*

IMO Kobasew needs to work on his lower body strength, he gets knocked around pretty easily - his upper body strength, however, is far superior and he can dish it down low. The rest of his characteristics have been said above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad