Rumor: Klingberg to Seattle Kraken

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Interestingly, there was no mention of Seattle when Klingberg was brought up in the latest 32 Thoughts podcast. Marek speculated about Detroit being the ultimate landing spot. He thought Klingberg's market took a blow when Carolina acquired Burns.

31:30

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Interestingly, there was no mention of Seattle when Klingberg was brought up in the latest 32 Thoughts podcast. Marek speculated about Detroit being the ultimate landing spot. He thought Klingberg's market took a blow when Carolina acquired Burns.

31:30

Wouldn't the market for Klingberg ramp up, with one less notable d-man available/off the table?

I mean clearly the Canes wouldn't be chasing him anymore, but I figured other teams that were eyeing Burns might then see Klingberg as an alternative.

I think Klingerg's initial ask might be throwing some teams off though. Either he wants too much per year, or too much term. Or both.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Wouldn't the market for Klingberg ramp up, with one less notable d-man available/off the table?

I mean clearly the Canes wouldn't be chasing him anymore, but I figured other teams that were eyeing Burns might then see Klingberg as an alternative.

I think Klingerg's initial ask might be throwing some teams off though. Either he wants too much per year, or too much term. Or both.

Not if the market was 1 primary suitor to 1 Top 4 offensive RHD. Go team by team, there's isn't a no brainer fit anymore; Carolina needed the player type and had cap space. In the case of the Wings, for example, Hronek is in their back pocket for that lineup spot.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012

I would say both. Going into FA Seattle needed a right handed Dman and ended up wtih Schultz when a lot of speculation says we would gone after Klingberg.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Klingberg and Sens is a new rumor now
Is it a legit rumour from a good source, or just chatter because Dorion has been in on everyone?

Any word on what he is asking for? I'd love to welcome him to Edmonton, even if he isn't the type of d-man we are looking for.

Brian Lawton was a bust as a 1st overall pick, and a bust as an insider.
Wasn't he a bust as an agent as well?

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Stars have $11,46M in Capspace and need to re-sign Oettinger and Robertson. Even if we create more capspace by moving Khudobin and Faksa Klingberg is not coming back here.
Yes, but then they signed Miller and said they no longer have the space for him

I figured as much

Excited to see Heiskanen with an extended role

jgimp

Sep 18, 2017
Ripley, Ont
Only on HFBords
C4654B9F-A17A-409C-A521-3EA055E079EF.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: starsfan86

Ad

Upcoming events