Confirmed with Link: Klim Kostin to San Jose for Radim Simek and NJ 7th; Simek loaned to GR

heyfolks

Apr 30, 2007
D for GR is an indicator Simon will be called up.

This is Yzerman telling the boys to EARN IT.

Last edited:
Reactions: Winger98

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
This is effectively a trade for next year, as it gets us out from under Kostin's $2M cap hit next season.

Which is nice.

But, for the purposes of this year's deadline, we are still....

main-qimg-c20b59eba1198d60624bc4e0774c5f29-lq
Prepping for a 'stranger'? I like your way of thinking!

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
I feel like Simek played a heavy game and they really liked him as a rookie/young guy, I think injuries added up and affected him quite a bit.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Man up and vanished like a fart in the wind! Nothin' left but an underwhelming Swedish winger and a void on the roster where toughness used to be.

Last edited:

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
This team is weak ans guy who can fight ans has some grit gets traded I guess perron and larkin have to do all the fighting

Kostin has been in as many fights this season as DeBrincat and threw maybe two significant hits. I had higher hopes for the guy but he's not good enough to keep up with the play to be a regular physical presence.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, OK Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Fischer and Kostin, a tale of two players.

I'll take Fischer over Kostin any day.
It was crazy to me, even early in the season, that people liked Kostin more than Fischer. They 100% were basing it off what they wanted Kostin to be and not what he was. A problem plaguing mankind for ages.

Oct 18, 2006
Okay, I’ll go a little against the tide here. Although he struggled of late (when he actually played), I do think there was something there. Early in the season he was showing some good hands, the ability to make some moves, so I do think if he was given more ice time he might be able to contribute a little. But I’m not fussed, I’m just disappointed he didn’t work out here.

Astyanax

May 5, 2020
It was crazy to me, even early in the season, that people liked Kostin more than Fischer. They 100% were basing it off what they wanted Kostin to be and not what he was. A problem plaguing mankind for ages.
I fully admit that I was one of those. I definitely hope/excepted a little more from klim, but not a lot more mind you. But mostly I thought Fischer was redundant at the time of his signing, yet he has proven himself to be the better version from day one. Happy to be wrong and happy to still have him.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Simek was added to take Edvinsson’s spot in GR when we call him up… right?

Right?

Pretty much Yzerman opened slots and prepared this situation with a one trade.

A) Kostin away from next season cap
B) spot opened for Berggren
C) Simek to GR as Edvinsson's replacement, when will get a callup.

Too bad Ed is now injured.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA

Stat watching. Last season Kostin had 21 pts in 57 games, Fischer had 27 in 80.

I don't think anyone actually watched Kostin, they would have known he can't skate worth a crap. I was happy to have a player that played heavy until I watched him skate.

In the end, Stevie got a 7th round pick for ~$2.5 (Kostin salary plus Kailer buyout). Not the end of the world, it's just Chris' money.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad