Klelsa????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

West

Mar 7, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
firefighter7796 said:
Whats the deal with Rotislav Klesla, why is he not producing this year? Has he digressed? You would think with a team full of young players he would be producing. Any in site?

a) I think that he was pretty heavily overrated by alot of people here although I'd say he's still improving.
b) He's missed some games so I'm guessing he had some sort of injury.
c) His teams getting better so it's likely his defensive play is the coaches main area of concern right now.
d) He was being forced to earn his offensive icetime more this year when Darryl Sydor was around.

HockeyMan9

Jul 1, 2002
Columbus, OH
Visit site
Klesla has improved a lot this season. He has becomes more consistent and more reliable in his own zone and has picked up the physical play that had been missing from his game. He has also pinched in on the offense more often of late. He is behind progress because of the poor year he had last season but seems to have gotten back on track.

He also missed a number of games dur to a mcl strain this season.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Rusty may never be the defensemen he was hyped up to be, but he's still only 21 and doesn't get a whole lot of PP time. Mix in the fact that the Jackets are AGAIN one of the worst teams five on five, and you can understand why he's point total is lower than some may want.

Qubax

Oct 25, 2002
Visit site
Oh man how long did it take Jovanovski?

I mean give the kid some time....He's the real deal...Someday he'll be there mainstay....but they don't need that from him yet

rticinelli

Feb 13, 2003
Manhattan
Visit site
I like Klesla a lot . . . he plays BIG, which is why people seem to rate him so highly. I don't think he'll be quite the point producer that a lot of people here expect him to be . . . I think his range will be in the 40s once he's developed . . . but he will be a very good defender who dishes out feared hip checks. He'll probably take another 3 or 4 years to develop, though.

jcpenny

Aug 8, 2002
Montréal
Visit site
It' the same with Komisarek for the habs. They say that he is overrated but he's only 21. I remeber when Pronger's debut in the league and everyboy thought he was a bust. The thing is, it takes more time for a defenseman to develop, from the decision making and handling pressure in your own end, theres a lot to learn and it doesnt take a year.

UpsideHockey

Jan 6, 2004
Calgary, Canada
bit.ly
jcpenny said:
It' the same with Komisarek for the habs. They say that he is overrated but he's only 21. I remeber when Pronger's debut in the league and everyboy thought he was a bust. The thing is, it takes more time for a defenseman to develop, from the decision making and handling pressure in your own end, theres a lot to learn and it doesnt take a year.

Yeah....give the guy a chance!!! It may still take a little more time, but with some of the young talent the Blue Jackets are assembling (Nash, Zherdev et al.), he's gonna look nice manning the point on the Power PLay in the future!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad