Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
DecentFilthyGlobefish-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: kerrabria

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Looks like the helpers were awarded in the official scoresheet. Maybe because the puck still ended up in the net and the stick toss didn't actually negate the goal during play?
SITUATION 7

No goal is to be allowed if the goal is off its mooring, regardless of whether or not the goal may have been deliberately knocked from its mooring, except under Rule 4.9 (b) - Penalty Shot, when the goaltender has deliberately dislodged the goal from its mooring during a Penalty Shot or again under Rule 4.10 (b) - Awarded Goals, when the goaltender has been removed and they or any teammate has deliberately dislodged the goal from its mooring and such action has prevented a goal from being scored.

SITUATION 9 Rule 10.4 (g)
Goals which have been awarded, scored from Penalty Shots or scored by the defending team into their own net shall be recorded as unassisted goals.

The NHL ruled I guess that he scored an ENG and not an awarded goal, thus the assists being on there.

if Yandle actually managed to remove the puck from the stick it would be an awarded goal.

Reactions: Desert Panther

Oan

Jan 31, 2011
Why Panthers have so long break? All other teams seem to have been playing for a week now already.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Juolevi back? Wonder how many minutes he’s gonna last time time.

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
i wonder how acciari will fit in with this group. does he slot in to 4th line center? do we keep loustar there even though his faceoffs have been meh. does moving loustar to wing hurt us?

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
i wonder how acciari will fit in with this group. does he slot in to 4th line center? do we keep loustar there even though his faceoffs have been meh. does moving loustar to wing hurt us?
It may be just a FO thing. Acc takes FO and slides to wing after.

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
I'd like to see him on Huby and Bennett's wing. He can take face-offs for Bennett, be the defensive safety valve, and scrum in the corners.

Send Mamin and Tippett down (call Mamin back after trading Vatrano)

Verhaeghe - Barkov - Duclair
Huberdeau - Bennett - Acciari
Marchment - Lundell - Reinhart
Lomberg - Luostarinen - Hornqvist
Thornton, Vatrano

Reactions: austropanther

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
I'd like to see him on Huby and Bennett's wing. He can take face-offs for Bennett, be the defensive safety valve, and scrum in the corners.

Thornton, Vatrano
Also liked KW's take. Acc has to help either Bennett or Luosto in the FO circle. But I don't see Bruno handing out 2nd line minutes to Acc yet, so more likely on the 4th line.

Reactions: Prominence Problem

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Great article the other day by GR on OT. Real nice to hear how hard he works and Bruno recognizes that.

I don't want to get into the article, but he did mention that after 7 more NHL games Mamin will not be waiver-exempt anymore.

Reactions: austropanther

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut

Thornton, Vatrano

I don't see why we wouldn't want to play mamin. odd man out I get it.. but I want to play the guys that are possession hogs..

ursavolta

Aug 9, 2010
miami, Fl
Great article the other day by GR on OT. Real nice to hear how hard he works and Bruno recognizes that.

I don't want to get into the article, but he did mention that after 7 more NHL games Mamin will not be waiver-exempt anymore.
OT can work hard all he wants but if he doesn't show it on the ice..

.. then he can work hard on another team.

I think he needs more games to boost his confidence but he drags down the line IMO. We should trade him now before he flubs, which I feel he will be.

Saying that I'd rather trade Denisenko instead of Tippet. So bleh.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
vVZWMz.jpg

Before we crown Acciari as the faceoff savior, just a reminder last season was an outlier for his career. He has been below 50% his entire career so far. If he duplicates thats a plus for sure.

Benny is 47% this season which isnt that far off from Acciari.

Luostarinen is another story however. He is absolutely horrific.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Tippett was one of our best forwards in the playoffs last year. I'd prefer to keep him unless you can use him in exchange for an obvious upgrade somewhere on the roster. We have too many forwards, but let's hope we are not tested in that respect down the stretch.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
vVZWMz.jpg

Before we crown Acciari as the faceoff savior, just a reminder last season was an outlier for his career. He has been below 50% his entire career so far. If he duplicates thats a plus for sure.

Benny is 47% this season which isnt that far off from Acciari.

Luostarinen is another story however. He is absolutely horrific.
That’s fair, but maybe he learned something, and it’s real.

On the other hand, maybe his injury now limits him again, plus he’s not in game face-off shape.

Mixed bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad