Yeah
I'd agree
All in this year

Though
I'd rather Dineen then Sambrook or McEneny

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Defenceman Connor Hall (shoulder) back practising with Kitchener Rangers in non contact sweater.
Remember Brock is spit balling like the rest of us. Some of what he says makes sense but usually the trade deadline is a guessing game like the draft . It hardly ever comes out the way you would like. There are always teams like the Knights that throw a wrench into the mix. Reading Brock's predictions he leaves everything wide open with four or five teams in the bidding for almost every player. DiPietro will likely go to the highest bidder and it will be the team of his choice. I would love to see him here in a Ranger uni like most of us.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Yeah
I'd agree
All in this year

Though
I'd rather Dineen then Sambrook or McEneny

I'd rather Dineen as well. But perhaps Sambrook and McEneny are enough of an upgrade to our blueline. If Sambrook quarterbacks one power-play unit and Garreffa the other, maybe there isn't a need for Dineen which would likely cost us more.

It would be nice to make upgrades to our team and still be able to hang onto one of our three second round picks in this year's OHL draft. By all accounts it supposed to be a really strong draft. Going forward, I think we'd be able to "have our cake and eat it too" if we are able to upgrade the team and still hold onto draft picks in every round in the first half of next years draft.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
I'd rather Dineen as well. But perhaps Sambrook and McEneny are enough of an upgrade to our blueline. If Sambrook quarterbacks one power-play unit and Garreffa the other, maybe there isn't a need for Dineen which would likely cost us more.

It would be nice to make upgrades to our team and still be able to hang onto one of our three second round picks in this year's OHL draft. By all accounts it supposed to be a really strong draft. Going forward, I think we'd be able to "have our cake and eat it too" if we are able to upgrade the team and still hold onto draft picks in every round in the first half of next years draft.
Even if the Rangers pick up a Dman I hope they get a player that can move pucks out of the defensive zone. Also I think the Rangers are planning on keeping 2nds along the line of London where they keep the pick with the most value. Any team willing to deal top assets though will likely be looking at those three 2018 picks. I guess when you go all in you have to pay the high prices. Going by Brock's predictions they will be high.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
I guess we can cross Aaron Luchuk off our wish list. Just traded today to Barrie for Curtis Douglas, two second round picks, and a third round pick. He would've been a really good OA upgrade.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Brown's answer to a query about DiPietro:
I think there is a good chance he stays put this year. But if he does go, I wouldn't be surprised if it took eight 2nds and two top prospects.
Ouch!

SYWTom

Dec 10, 2016
I think we are sticking with Bouchard, if he can stay healthy he may be as good as all the other starters in the West come playoff time.

But I'll take Day or Dineen any day now

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
I think there is a good chance he stays put this year. But if he does go, I wouldn't be surprised if it took eight 2nds and two top prospects.
Ouch!

That won't happen. I doubt anyone is going to pay that much for any player - this year especially. Maybe if a team had a slew of draft picks and only needed DiPietro and nothing else to put them over the top, then it might be possible. Anybody who would be looking at acquiring DiPietro, Kitchener for example, needs more than just him to put them over the top. So therefore they would not be able to offer that kind of package for DiPietro. They'd still need assets to acquire one or two defenceman and the depth forward that they need.

To be honest, the only way I see Kitchener is doing a DiPietro deal this deadline, is if there is a two-part deal involved. That way Windsor would get the assets they want for DiPietro, and the Rangers will be able to afford the cost.

Hypothetical:

To Kitchener: DiPietro, McEneny and Day.
To Windsor: Ladd and 8 2nd round picks.

Then in the off season:

To Kitchener: six 2nds.
To Windsor: Damiani and Vallati.

After the dust settles, the deal would be DiPietro, McEneny and Day for Ladd, Damiani, Vallati and two 2nds.

That would be a steep price to pay. But a) we'd have DiPietro to move to a contender next year to recoup some assets and maybe Day plays an OA season. And b) just win a championship and it's worth the price period. You can count the fans on one hand that didn't enjoy the 2008-09 season after PD blew his wad at the deadline the year before.

Two part deals been done before and as history shows, they will happen again.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Personally I think what Brown said is over stated regarding DiPietro's worth. The Soo really doesn't need him. Sarnia has no seconds next year. They would have to clean the cupboard right out at those prices. Ottawa has a ton of picks but would DiPietro go there. I doubt he would because chances are slim they would make the final. It will depend on whether the Spits want to trade him and what limits he puts on them with his NTC. Rangers have the best assets going forward with three 2nd rnd picks next year which is very attractive to Windsor and not too far from home for DiPietro.

soo hound girl

Oct 20, 2017
Yes that is correct
Hi guys hound fan here tomorrow night keep a eye out for #9 Rasmus Sandin import from Sweden only played 19 games so far 17 years old just smart and smooth rated too go in first round in my opinion he is one of the reasons we won 18 in a row let me know what you think

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Ouch!

No problem; 8-2nds in odd yeas starting 2023. The Rangers can recoup those picks by 2037 :)
It’s near the point (with more? teams holding 2nds of others than their own) that future 2nds have very little value. Even that Barrie trade today, they will have gone all in; and, sell off before the first pick they gave up can be used in a draft.

Last edited:

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
It’s near the point (with more? teams holding 2nds of others than their own) that future 2nds have very little value. Even that Barrie trade today, they will have gone all in; and, sell off before the first pick they gave up can be used in a draft.

Which is why it's easy to pay the prices for elite players. I never understood Spott's reasoning refusing to pay market prices for elite players at deadlines. Instead of paying the prices, he refused to, and as a result watched other teams who paid the prices move ahead of us. Then it was everyone's fault but his own why it didn't get done at deadlines.

It's also one of the regular Mike Farwell rants on post game shows. The high prices and trading picks years down the line. "My goodness! Team x just traded for a ding dang 7 year old!! This has to stop!!" Who the heck cares!!!! Just pay the damn prices and recoup the picks when you sell in down year's. Spott's problem was that in down years he stood pat for the extra playoffs dates.

Here's hoping MM keeps up with the Jones' regarding willingness to pay today's prices and then, actually clean house in off years.

SYWTom

Dec 10, 2016
Logan Stanley was cut from Team Canada tonight.

Sucks for Logan, but helps us out over the Xmas break with Hall still out.

So Rangers Nation is all cheering for Slovakia and Liska now?

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario

Personally I was not surprised that Logan was cut from the roster of Team Canada. My guess is he has been scouted quite a bit lately. He isn't the fastest Dman off the hop and has had issues lately moving pucks out of the defensive zone. In saying that it's really been a team issue and I put it all on coaching.
Hopefully he comes back in with a burr under his saddle along with Mash who was snubbed and it pays dividends for the Rangers.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
From Brown
- "Kitchener G Anthony Dumont-Bouchard remains out but has moved on to a more advantage stage of rehab according to the team. He has been out since mid-October with a concussion. He says he's feeling better and eager to return".

Sounds foreboding when you look at past injuries of the same type. Not sure this doesn't put MM in a tight situation going forward. He will earn his salary on this alone.

RangerNation

Jul 24, 2015
London
From Brown
- "Kitchener G Anthony Dumont-Bouchard remains out but has moved on to a more advantage stage of rehab according to the team. He has been out since mid-October with a concussion. He says he's feeling better and eager to return".

Sounds foreboding when you look at past injuries of the same type. Not sure this doesn't put MM in a tight situation going forward. He will earn his salary on this alone.

Well I give it to Brown for trying to pry out as much positive news out of this as he can. First time I have heard "a more advantage stage of rehab". I can only imagine what will be said when ADB puts his pads back on.

I haven't seen MM in a while, but I believe once the deadline hits he might be as grey as pops.

Jeffy3535

Feb 18, 2015

I feel bad for Logan. He just looks uncomfortable handling the puck in his own zone. I think his size and ability to get under the skin of other players isn't as important in the international game. I'm always amazed with some of the extra-curricular stuff he gets away with. I don't think the IIHF refs would be the same.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this the first time they've actually said that ADB's injury was a concussion?

K2

Jun 11, 2015
I'm always amazed with some of the extra-curricular stuff he gets away with. I don't think the IIHF refs would be the same.

Agreed, though he certainly seems to get called quite often on phantom 'proximity' stuff.

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
I know the hot topic are trades and upgrading but for me tonight's game will tell me the future for this team this year.
Come out and show a high compete level and regardless of the outcome then I'm 100% onboard for making some upgrades.
But if they come out and lay another big egg with zero compete then the issues are a lot more than what trades for teenage boys can solve!
Since i won't be there my money is on a good result and snapping the Hounds win streak!

Last edited:
Reactions: GeoBlue
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad