Player Discussion Kirby Dach: Welcome to Montreal part 2

tooji

Nov 24, 2015
Dach and Slaf on a line would be damn sexy to watch. Would finally give us 2 lines to watch

• Love
Reactions: Licou

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Slaf and Dach would be incredible together. Both of them are really good at driving the play.

Not a bad idea to have them on separate lines though. If you do that they’re both driving the play and you get two good lines going. Slaf gets Suzuki and Dach gets Caufield. Then Roy and Newhook fill in the lines. I’d probably put Newhook with Nick as there was success before. You’d have two good lines next year.

It’d be fun to have Slaf with Dach though… :laugh: they’d give fits to the opposition.

Reactions: Canadienna

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Kirby is on the ice!

This is great news because I expected this step in the process at around April honestly

It's been a bit over 4 months since the injury so I expected him back on ice in month 6 or 7

It bodes great because he will legit have all offseason to get right back into playing shape

It's the ONLY fortunate thing about this whole thing was that it happened in October instead of like January or something

Miss you boo!

Next years gonna be funnnnn

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Slaf and Dach would be incredible together. Both of them are really good at driving the play.

Not a bad idea to have them on separate lines though. If you do that they’re both driving the play and you get two good lines going. Slaf gets Suzuki and Dach gets Caufield. Then Roy and Newhook fill in the lines. I’d probably put Newhook with Nick as there was success before. You’d have two good lines next year.

It’d be fun to have Slaf with Dach though… :laugh: they’d give fits to the opposition.
Slaf-Dach-Newhook annihilated Toronto game 1 of THIS season
People forget lol

Pretty shrewd of HuGo knowing they inherited a great Duo in Suzuki-Caufield and what do they do? Add two 6"4 top 6 players in a span of 20 minutes..lol

With another possibly coming this draft, and who knows who we could trade for as well
All of a sudden the rebuild is looking like something special
(And I actually really like Newhook, but if we can construct a top6 that pushes him to 3rd line, you profit even more)

Reactions: themilosh

SpeedyPotato

Mar 29, 2012

Yeah it’s enticing but I agree with you that at this point maybe Caufield should be the one departing that line and Slaf stays with Nick. It’s gonna be exciting next year, I know my days of rooting for the habs to lose will end with the current regular season.

Reactions: Lafleurs Guy

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Yeah it’s enticing but I agree with you that at this point maybe Caufield should be the one departing that line and Slaf stays with Nick. It’s gonna be exciting next year, I know my days of rooting for the habs to lose will end with the current regular season.
There will be a lot of *Good* experimentation in the top6 next year for the first time in my life

Instead of throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks

Personally I think they try Slaf-Dach again to start the year
But if they went Slaf-Zuke, Dach-Cole to try... well I can't really see what would be wrong with at least trying it lol, it could even work

Reactions: SpeedyPotato

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
I'm gonna be so excited for the day they go Slaf-Suzuki and Caufield-Dach on separate lines.
I could see Roy on with Suzuki/Slaf since they do a lot of heavy lifting, and Roy passing and scoring ability could translate well with those 2 more than with Dach-Cole I would think

Dach-Cole need like a ... Lindstrom or something :D
It'll probably be Newhook to start, OR, again, that mystery top6 player I keep holding out on that we trade for in the summer

Reactions: SpeedyPotato

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
No doubt Suzuki, Caufield, Slaf and Dach are all first line talent. Dach need only to stay healthy and he is a PPG type of player, he is that good.

I'm happy to have these 4 beauty on Habs team!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad