Kipprusoff leads Stars to conference Finals. Wings up next.

SensGod

Feb 27, 2002
Scotia Bank Place
Visit site
The Dallas Stars move on to conference finals riding hot Kipprusoff.
May 25th, 2007 8:43:00 AM

Dallas, Texas. (AP) - The Dallas Stars are starting to fire on all cylinders to take down the Vancouver Canucks in 6 games to move onto the Western Conference Finals against the Detroit Red Wings.

Once again, the Stars didn't start off on a good foot by being blown out of the building 7-0 to the Canucks in game 1. The Stars didn't need 3 losses this time to turn things around and get on a roll. They came back to win the series in 6 games to move onto the Conference Finals against the Detroit Red Wings.

Leading Conn Smyth trophy winner Miikka Kipprusoff has started to play up to his paycheck and he stole a couple of games that the Stars had no right to win. "He's playing great! This is why we opened the valult for him last year and got him signed long term. He's a money goalie...his regular season stats haven't been great this year, but he's elevated his game to where we knew it could go and I think he's getting better with every series", stated Dallas GM Laurens Thie.

"The kids (Roy and Ouellet) are looking great and our defence is really exceeding expectations on the scoresheet for us, but our first line needs to step it up if we want to get past the Wings."

The Red Wings and Stars only played two times this year and the Stars walked away the victor in both games by slim margins. "They are stacked, no denying it. They are talented, slick and physical and have great goaltending. Lidstrom and Shanahan are two of the best leaders in the game and can singlehandedly take over a game. We need to keep those two guys in check if we want to make a series of this", Laurens This asked about the chances on the series. "We have a shot at this thing. We need to hit and hit hard and grind down their vets. They don't respond well to our brand of hockey and if we can get them checking over their shoulders evertime they get near the puck we can throw them off their game."

"Do I think we're going to win this series? No...not at all...I don't think we should even go to Detroit...it's a waste of time! Come on Brooksie! Get the **** out of here! Next Question!"

Prediction time: Red Wings in 7

HFNHL Red Wings

Well done Laurens I'm looking forward to the series. With all due respect to Sean Burke and Marc Denis this is the first series where the Wings have to be concerned about the opposing goaltender stealing games regularly.

It seems you get a handicap for game 1 as I wasn't counting on the conference finals starting today, especially early, so I won't be home in time to to customize my lines for this matchup. I'll still be ready for the Stars tonight though ;)

HFNHL Red Wings

can I do it for you? I have the software installed on my work computer...

Thanks for the offer Laurens. I might just leave the lines or I'll send text lines to Sean (haven't decided). Besides if I do shake my lines up it would be a bit counter productive to show my cards before the game begins ;)

HFNHL Red Wings

LMAO. Just looked at the final boxscore for Dallas and Vancouver. Sure was a tough night for Vandermeer

Darcy Tucker beats up Jim Vandermeer
Dave Scatchard beats up Jim Vandermeer
Jim Vandermeer ejected at 02:13 of the 2nd Period

:toothless

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
LMAO. Just looked at the final boxscore for Dallas and Vancouver. Sure was a tough night for Vandermeer

Darcy Tucker beats up Jim Vandermeer
Dave Scatchard beats up Jim Vandermeer
Jim Vandermeer ejected at 02:13 of the 2nd Period

:toothless

Yeah - I was going to post it as Vancouver 2, Vandermeer 0. But 20 pim later, he got the last laugh - he's still playing! ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad