Kingston Frontenacs 2023-24 Off-Season Thread (Part 3)

ScoutLife4

Nov 28, 2023
Potentially but I think they may try and string together 1 more run as it’s misas draft year and they’ll fill the stands every game like that especially if they win the Mem cup.

They probably don’t have too many great assets but they have guys like Willis, hay, parekh, Misa, mangone, oke returning and that’s a good core as it is. Look at north bay- a lot including myself thought this would be a rebuilding year and they’ve had a successful season. Time will tell.

What teams do sometimes is overpay on a player like McCoy who you know will be coming back the year after so they can trade him off and get lots of those assets back.

I think that will be the case for him. But if he is named team captain then who knows that could make it difficult- but then again he was captain of the Pete’s and got traded so who knows.
Teams will overpay for a player like McCoy because he's a leader, Has championship / memorial cup experience and doesn't make a lot of mistakes in his own end.

Reactions: frontsfan67

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Teams will overpay for a player like McCoy because he's a leader, Has championship / memorial cup experience and doesn't make a lot of mistakes in his own end.
I agree. And a RHD. And also had 2 years opposed to 1. If he gets shipped somewhere I’m sure it’ll be for a good amount of draft capital but just not as big of a trade as this year with a first rounder involved.

Will absolutely take him on the fronts if he wants a change in scenery I think that would be amazing for this team.

If he comes here hypothetically he could be captain out of training camp as we just lost ludwinski.

ScoutLife4

Nov 28, 2023
I agree. And a RHD. And also had 2 years opposed to 1. If he gets shipped somewhere I’m sure it’ll be for a good amount of draft capital but just not as big of a trade as this year with a first rounder involved.
Will absolutely take him on the fronts if he wants a change in scenery I think that would be amazing for this team.

If he comes here hypothetically he could be captain out of training camp as we just lost ludwinski.
I would not be shocked by any means to see him land in Kingston.
There’s already a relationship with Longo who has worked with him for several years during the summer.

Reactions: frontsfan67

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
I would not be shocked by any means to see him land in Kingston.
There’s already a relationship with Longo who has worked with him for several years during the summer.
I agree. If he’s on his way out anywhere you’d think kingston would be a pretty ideal landing spot.

Come here and maybe get the C right away. Team will be competitive, and he gets a spot on pk1, pp2 and first line d right away.

Also from Belleville so closer to home in an OA season would probably be great for him rather than way up north.

If he plays USPORTS after OHL I assume he would go to queens for the hockey and schooling. and then there’s his hometown Belleville senators that could always offer him a contract if he does well enough (and Mann has connections too)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad