Kingston Frontenacs 2016-17 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mayday3*

I think the OA deadline to get down to 3 players is January 10th. Which Front is likely to be the odd man out?

Look for Desrocher/Foegele to be traded. Would make no sense to keep them when they could trade them for the picks they lost when they got Desrocher/Dal Colle from Oshawa

MisterDB

Apr 5, 2012
I wasn't sure when the OA date was until the Whig reported today the OA deadline is Jan 06. I do know it is always before the OHL trade deadline date.

MisterDB

Apr 5, 2012
Crouse played in his 10th game for the Yotes, no hail Mary pass for the Frontenacs, now what do they do? With Watson traded there is no other high end tradeable goal scorer in the system who is npt currently with the team.

Sell to get much needed draft picks or plow through the season with what they have, which won't be pretty. This version of the Fronts had best find a way to start scoring 25% rough the season and they are 2nd worst in the OHL, good thing they have Helvig and a couple experienced D.

Total TEAM points 41 G 68 A for a grand total of 109 (18 games)

Compare that to Erie their top 3 players have 38 G 65 A for a total of 103 (17 Games)

Assets that could be traded Foegle OA, Desrocher OA and Helvig (19)

Assets that probably are coveted by other teams, Robertson and Paquette. I would be totally shocked if these guys were moved

OSA

Jun 11, 2011
I'm wondering what the cost would be for Jeremy Helvig?

MisterDB

Apr 5, 2012
Helvig, basically the guy that is winning the games for Kingston so a couple of seconds maybe with a higher end young forward. Helvig will also probably be back as an OA next year.

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
The Fronts have quietly moved into the # 4 seed in the Eastern Conference. Can you see them making a bold move in the next 12 days?

BigBuck

Jan 26, 2012
The Fronts have quietly moved into the # 4 seed in the Eastern Conference. Can you see them making a bold move in the next 12 days?

They still have 4 OAs on the roster....Deroscher, Foegele, Bilitier and Caron...Could get some assets for Deroscher or/and Foegele if they move them or Caron is the odd man out if they don't I think.

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
They aren't competing this year. Toss deroscher and Foegele to someone who wants to contend. Keep Helvig and we will be better off next year IMO.

MisterDB

Apr 5, 2012
I know certain management has a disdain for some of us fans who speculate but honestly when there is no transparency when things happen what do you expect.

2000 DOB #8 Emmett Gordon is back on the roster list with the Frontenacs on OHL site

missing #2 Jake O'Donnell, is he released sent down or traded?

coolwood

Dec 9, 2016
I know certain management has a disdain for some of us fans who speculate but honestly when there is no transparency when things happen what do you expect.

2000 DOB #8 Emmett Gordon is back on the roster list with the Frontenacs on OHL site

missing #2 Jake O'Donnell, is he released sent down or traded?
I heard he left the team

MisterDB

Apr 5, 2012
Sounds like something that would happen, he didn't play much though he dressed for 20 games. Kingston picked him up off waivers so there was no cost but with twitter and facebook out there it would be nice if the Frontenacs make a comment on Gordon coming up and O'Donnell leaving.

MisterDB

Apr 5, 2012
The hit was a very blatant and nasty head check (Dec 31 against the IceDogs) a classic for what not to do.

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
Zack Dorval to Ottawa. Did he miss a large number of games last year because of injury?

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
The way Dunkley was injured and the number of games he will miss, you don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
The way Dunkley was injured and the number of games he will miss, you don't know whether to laugh or cry.

What happened?

He's going to be a good one by the way.... wanted him leading up to draft day.

MisterDB

Apr 5, 2012
He assisted on a winning goal with less than a minute left in the game against NB on Jan 6. He celebrated it and twisted his knee, he will be out until at least next weekend.

Mayday3*

If Rasanen is around a couple more years I love that import pick

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
I like the fact the Fronts are the least penalized team in the league and don't put a huge strain on their PK players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad