Pre-Game Talk: Kings Vs. Nux

Status
Not open for further replies.

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
Apparently, Muzzin may be a healthy scratch per morning skating.

I think a lot of us saw this one coming.

King – Kopitar – Carter Brown – Stoll – Williams Pearson/Frattin – Richards – Toffoli Clifford – Fraser – Nolan/Lewis Mitchell – Doughty Regehr – Voynov Martinez – Greene Muzzin Notes: Matt Frattin took the first shift alongside Mike Richards and Tyler Toffoli.

Last edited:

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
Problem with Muzzin is that he's just not a 1st pairing defenseman. Problem with the team is we need someone capable of playing with Doughty, and there isn't anyone.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I feel like the canucks are due for a victory against us. I am hoping we get a loser point though.
I wonder if there will be any pushback on brown.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
i like tonight's lineup and I see bigger things coming from some of those small tinkerings. Always loved Mitchell with Doughty, the problem is still finding him a long term partner. Muzzin damned himself unfortunately, and he's still bizarre--on one hand, he seems to be the only one who can keep up with Doughty, on the other, he looks absolutely lost throughout the rest of the lineup. Interesting to see what happens there.

Anyway, even though it seems up in the air as to whether it's Pearson or Frattin next to Toffoli and Richards tonight, I'm really looking forward to seeing that line's performance!

Winger23

May 3, 2007
Oh hey look, can't score so let's swap out an offensive Dman for a defensive one and make no changes up front. Weeeee.

Kings win if the elite line scores. Prob not if they don't.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
id take Muzzin at his worst over Matt Greene....

You see how a 5'11, 195 pound forward on the Wings completely outmuscled and knocked Muzzin easily off the puck that led to the Wings' 3rd goal? Muzzin at his worst doesn't belong in the NHL. Would you welcome Randy Jones back on the Kings? Because that's exactly who he plays like when he has his head up his ass.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Muzzin was playing well for a while but he needs to sit. His screwups always seem to be at the worst possible time.

Not worried about losing his offense, the Kings score when they move it out of the zone quickly. That's not one of Muzz's strong points.

KingKopitar11*

Well let's see if they finally put in Pearson or not. If they do, I hope it's not for Frattin. Dudes been in beast mode of late.

Winger23

May 3, 2007
I feel like the canucks are due for a victory against us. I am hoping we get a loser point though.
I wonder if there will be any pushback on brown.

They should make the sedins and kessler healthy scratches to improve their chances of winning imo. Has worked for every team so far missing their best players.

Winger23

May 3, 2007
As far as muzzin goes, hes a liability if he isn't scoring. I can't remember his last goal.

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
I actually don't mind Muzzin that much. Personally, I think he's been one of our best hitters on defense.

I wouldn't mind a rotation of Muzzin, Greene and RR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad