Prospect Info: Kings sign Sean Durzi to his 3-year ELC

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
MAD SWEET.

Not an April Fools tweet..that would be something semi outrageous, like 77 has been waived...and
claimed!!

Congrads to Durzi! Hope he develops quickly in Ontario next year. Good to have another RHD
with upside.

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015

Attachments

• cut.jpg
    cut.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 9

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Cernak is playing 19 minutes a night for the best team in the league.
kinda stings

he's playing a bit above his actual talent level a bit at the moment, imo, but that trade was one of the dumbest

Reactions: LB

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
kinda stings

he's playing a bit above his actual talent level a bit at the moment, imo, but that trade was one of the dumbest
McKeown
Cernak
Miller

They'are all right handed Dmen that DL gave away. I guarantee McKeown would in the Kings lineup right now if he was still here.

Reactions: Legionnaire

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
McKeown
Cernak
Miller

They'are all right handed Dmen that DL gave away. I guarantee McKeown would in the Kings lineup right now if he was still here.

Cernak, whom I really liked, has played more than half the season on the best team in the league. He'd be here too.

Edit. Duh. Somehow missed your earlier post.

Last edited:

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I dig the football analogies in the scouting report, haha, but that makes sense.

"I shared below some recent feedback I’ve received from team scouts on Durzi, who has furthered the type of season he’d put together the year before when he shot up draft boards in the second year of his eligibility. He moves the puck at an “elite” level, using very good feet and vision and a poise that was compared to Tom Brady and Peyton Manning in the sense that he grades well at looking off first and second options to find a third option both on breakouts and while pulling strings in the offensive zone. He’s excellent at reading plays and making what were described as “check-downs” and doesn’t force players to wait to get them the puck. This allows him to play at a raised pace both and in transition and from the blue line in the offensive zone, where he’s capable of creating offense. It’s not easy to find players who project as power play quarterback-types in the NHL, but Durzi, 6-feet and 187 pounds, certainly qualifies as a player who makes good reads and distributes the puck well to drive offense. "

"elite" puck mover but one that doesn't try to be a hero every single time either. That's awesome.

Reactions: Peter James Bond II

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
I see we've gone back to "The Kings' drafting sucks" in one breath and "X would be in our lineup if we hadn't traded him" in another.

Back to Durzi, feeling like he's a sneaky-good pickup by Blake here.

Point taken. But we're mostly talking about guys who have been drafted but are bottom six or bottom 3 pairing guys. The latter round gem ala Detroit was never found. Easier said than done, but still.

TruKingFan

Two-Time Cup Winner
Aug 16, 2004
Beachfront
Cernak is playing 19 minutes a night for the best team in the league.

Yeah...let's continue to cry over spilt milk. How about continously bemoaning for the "one that got away"? Sheesh.

You must still be sad you broke up with your 1st girlfriend (or boyfriend at the case may be).

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
Welcome to the Kings, Sean!

The first of PJBs recent predictions to come true. Which will be next?

There have been several...was the first to tweet back in November - responding to the Mayor's statement "look for Carter to fetch a #1 and a mid level prospect..he's on a great contract"
I responded "Carter is on a terrible contract...he will never play the last 2 years of it and I give him a 20% chance of playing next year and completing it"

5 months later, most all can see Jeff will never play the last 2 years...nor have anything to do with a #1 pick in any deal...unless it's the Kings adding one for a team
to take him.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
There have been several...was the first to tweet back in November - responding to the Mayor's statement "look for Carter to fetch a #1 and a mid level prospect..he's on a great contract"
I responded "Carter is on a terrible contract...he will never play the last 2 years of it and I give him a 20% chance of playing next year and completing it"

5 months later, most all can see Jeff will never play the last 2 years...nor have anything to do with a #1 pick in any deal...unless it's the Kings adding one for a team
to take him.

I'm talking about the ones that you made this week that will happen soon. ;)

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA

to take him.
Are you thinking he's gonna retire after next season or as early as in two weeks?

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Glad to see this type of business start to pick up. Durzi looks like the new prototype for defenseman. Reminds me of the same body type and skating style you see in Neil Pionk, Quinn Hughes and even Sean Walker has some similarities.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
We are unfortunately closer to 2006 than 2010 as far as the future of this team goes.
We need a real coach and also a real front office, but I think the latter is a pipe dream for a while

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
We are unfortunately closer to 2006 than 2010 as far as the future of this team goes.
We need a real coach and also a real front office, but I think the latter is a pipe dream for a while

at least when we sucked with lombardi, i really felt like we had a plan. he had charts, he gave in-depth interviews. he had a system. he had a plan. he made me believe he was moving in the right direction and he was doing what he thought was best. and it wasnt flavor of the month either - he said it would take a while and it did but damnit it worked

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
One area Blake has done well, just like Taylor and Lombardi, is prioritize keeping draft picks and scouting for prospects who can turn into gems. Durzi was a solid get in the Muzzin package and helps raise the quality of the Kings pipeline.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad