Confirmed with Link: Kings sign Nick Ebert (3 YR, $691,667 Per)

KingKopitar11*

They better. I was about to get over there and kick some ass.

Peter James Bond

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Severely Awesome!

Congrads Nick! Anyone who puts up over 70 points (regular season plus playoffs) and was over plus 60 and called one of the best skaters in junior hockey...and helped his team win the OHL Championship,
you gotta love it! A good day for King fans!

I like this, because the top 3 Defensemen in the system; McNabb, Forbort, and Gravel,
are all 6'4" 210+ guys and there is a need for a dynamic skating, offensive defenseman
in the system.

Your turn, Kevin! Just sign.

Last edited:

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Hope his game translates well from junior to pro. I love our prospect pool.

Hopefully they can get Gravel done next.

bmr

Jan 23, 2013
Man, the Kings are going to be stacked in Manchester, even with guys like Toffoli and Pearson leaving. I can't wait to see what Ebert can do. That kid is a steal where we picked him!

losingsand

Apr 13, 2007
Pasadena, ca
Love this signing....Seems like a good kid that's turned it around.
Love the speed and puck moving ability. Always rootin for these last overall picks.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Great news for Nick and the Kings' organization. I don't understand why Gravel wouldn't sign, though. The Kings' biggest need is big, defensive defensemen. Gravel will have a legitimate chance to crack the lineup next year. I could see Greene and Mitchell both leaving this summer, leaving spots for Gravel and McNabb.

Muzzin - Doughty
Gravel - Voynov
McNabb - Martinez

That's a pretty damn mobile defense. Would they go with a lineup that young though?

Peter James Bond

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
If Gravel signs, Manch D:

McNabb Gravel
Forbort Ebert
Bodnarchuk Loverde

That's as good as some NHL teams. I think as Mitchell and Greene are gone,
McNabb makes the Kings.

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
Great news for Nick and the Kings' organization. I don't understand why Gravel wouldn't sign, though. The Kings' biggest need is big, defensive defensemen. Gravel will have a legitimate chance to crack the lineup next year. I could see Greene and Mitchell both leaving this summer, leaving spots for Gravel and McNabb.

Muzzin - Doughty
Gravel - Voynov
McNabb - Martinez

That's a pretty damn mobile defense. Would they go with a lineup that young though?

Gravel will not be jumping straight to the NHL, he'll be in the A for a year or two first. Not top mention you left out Regehr.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad