Confirmed with Link: Kings sign Christian Ehrhoff (1 year, $1.5M)

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Andreoff, Enroth, Ehrhoff.

McBain, McNabb, McDonalds.

25109801.jpg

Ron*

Yes, Bob is going to have it tough next season.

I'm sure he won't care if we get another Cup, though.

417th

Pacifist Division
Feb 4, 2015
is merely a concept
I think for the money adding Ehror is a great pick up. I think he will push McBain down the list and still give us room to start Forborts career. With the Reignarchorns being in Ontario we will have the same benefit that all of the leastern teams have had for forever. We can carry fewer players on our roster and call ups are a four hour car ride away (depending on what time of day the call up happens).

When VV comes back our D looks as good as it has looked since 2012 to me.

DD/JM (best 1/2 in the game)
VV/AM
CE/McN
MG/DF
McB

Up front

Lucic/Kopitar/Gaborik
Pearson/Carter/Toffoli
King/Weal/Brown
Clifford/Shore/Nolan
Dowd Andy Andy

Of course every position is adjustable but still I like our entire roster a ton and even think that we have upgraded our back up over Jones too. I like it, I like it allot.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I think for the money adding Ehror is a great pick up. I think he will push McBain down the list and still give us room to start Forborts career. With the Reignarchorns being in Ontario we will have the same benefit that all of the leastern teams have had for forever. We can carry fewer players on our roster and call ups are a four hour car ride away (depending on what time of day the call up happens).

When VV comes back our D looks as good as it has looked since 2012 to me.

DD/JM (best 1/2 in the game)
VV/AM
CE/McN
MG/DF
McB

Up front

Lucic/Kopitar/Gaborik
Pearson/Carter/Toffoli
King/Weal/Brown
Clifford/Shore/Nolan
Dowd Andy Andy

Of course every position is adjustable but still I like our entire roster a ton and even think that we have upgraded our back up over Jones too. I like it, I like it allot.

I think Lewis forces one of weal/shore into the press box, but I am very excited to see what sutter does with this team

417th

Pacifist Division
Feb 4, 2015
is merely a concept
Oh nelly, that could be something to wtiness

I hope this wasn't a Freudian slip man. I don't want any ehrors from him.

No it was an intentional poke at his play last season. My comedic stylings are best when explained and even then.......... That's why god made some of us jokers and some of us good at laughing! ;)

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Hey, Bob got off easy. I was wondering what he was going to do if the Kings ended up with Mike Richards, Brad Richards, and Brad Richardson. That would have been funny.

Brad Ricahrdson is still a UFA is he not?
Him and Mike can sign in Detroit to PO their announcer

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
Lucic-Kopitar-Gaborik
Pearson-Carter-Toffoli
King-Weal/Shore-Brown
Clifford-Shore/Weal-Lewis
Nolan

Muzzin-Doughty
Martinez-Erhoff
Mcnabb-Greene
McBain

Quick
Enroth

IF and When Voynov returns then I see
Muzzin-Doughty
Erhoff-Voynov
Mcnabb-Martinez
Greene

Amazing Defense and Solid Goaltending. Lewis is also better suited as a wing and him as a 4th line RW will give us one of the best 4th lines in the league. Shore and Weal will battle for 3rd line center. Other teams are letting their rookies play and are benefitting from it. I think the Kings are on board with this motto now as their star players are no longer the rookies. The team is theirs now. Also saves us cap space. It will be more interesting to see what this team looks like next year and the following, with Zykov,Kempe,Mersch,Forbort,Gravel,Ebert knocking on the door. Dean is the best thing that happened to this team.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Lucic-Kopitar-Gaborik
Pearson-Carter-Toffoli
King-Weal/Shore-Brown
Clifford-Shore/Weal-Lewis
Nolan

Muzzin-Doughty
Martinez-Erhoff
Mcnabb-Greene
McBain

Quick
Enroth

IF and When Voynov returns then I see
Muzzin-Doughty
Erhoff-Voynov
Mcnabb-Martinez
Greene

Amazing Defense and Solid Goaltending. Lewis is also better suited as a wing and him as a 4th line RW will give us one of the best 4th lines in the league. Shore and Weal will battle for 3rd line center. Other teams are letting their rookies play and are benefitting from it. I think the Kings are on board with this motto now as their star players are no longer the rookies. The team is theirs now. Also saves us cap space. It will be more interesting to see what this team looks like next year and the following, with Zykov,Kempe,Mersch,Forbort,Gravel,Ebert knocking on the door. Dean is the best thing that happened to this team.

with so much of the team locked up next year as well as this how do the kings get those rookies into NHL?
Will have to make some tough moves sooner or later

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Will be seeing more rookies get cups of coffee from now on, even if it's only a couple of games.

Ontario is a car ride away. Not a complete time change, and a plane ride.

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
Will be seeing more rookies get cups of coffee from now on, even if it's only a couple of games.

Ontario is a car ride away. Not a complete time change, and a plane ride.

And don't forget that they coaching staff will be able to see more live practices. As well as maybe even having players come up to work with the team then go back and play in Ontario.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
i dont get why people think that the 3c will be weal or shore for that matter. This is sutter making the decision and as long as trevor lewis is on this team its his to lose imo Shore woke up clifford and nolan offensive side why would we want to change that. I think people are getting carried away with the Weal love Only way he make the opening lineup is to outplays shore or andy

lucic kopitar gaborik
pearson carter toffoli
king lewis brown
clifford shore nolan
andy
this is most likely our opening night lineup I would be shocked if its different

Last edited:

theMajor

Feb 9, 2012
Socal
And don't forget that they coaching staff will be able to see more live practices. As well as maybe even having players come up to work with the team then go back and play in Ontario.

I CANT WAIT! :handclap:

the more research I do on Erhoff, the more of a steal this deal seems to be. this dude can play

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada

Are you able to have a player come up to work with the team without recalling him? If not, then don't expect that to happen often due to the salary cap.

driller1

Dry Island Reject
Feb 4, 2010
Are you able to have a player come up to work with the team without recalling him? If not, then don't expect that to happen often due to the salary cap.

I don't think the Ontario boys can work out with the Kings, but I think its perfectly legit for the Kings coaches to go to Ontario and watch games / practices.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad