Proposal: Kings, Sens, Lightning

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
The Kings still lack a true physical presence to the forward group since guys like Clifford and Lucic left town.

Is there any likelihood of the Lightning moving on from Jeannot? I see that he has had a tough year with injuries so hasn't quite put up the numbers.

Another interesting player would be Kastelic from the Sens, Is he available in a trade or considered part of the core young group?

A quick search online showed both the Sens and Lightning are looking for Dmen (top RHD or depth). Is that the case?

I'm awful with values but the Kings do have a few Dmen and youngish guys coming through and a few "sundries" that I would be ok with moving in the right trade.

Guys that we might move (not necessarily 1 for 1)

Matt Roy (expiring contract that we might not be able to afford next year)
Kaliyev (seems on the outer for some reason, but the boy can shoot)
Spence (probably only if we can keep Roy)
Lizotte (great little player with heart but just seems to get mauled with our soft ass team backing him up)
Englund (has faded a bit, but not really looking to move him unless needed as a replacement physical presence)
PLD (go on, you know you want him, he just needs to be happy, he's always wanted to play for .......)

• Wow
Reactions: Lt Dan

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
Lizotte could be interesting, I feel like Ottawa should surround Tkachuk with more pricks, he and Greig are the only ones who really seem to play on the edge.

Roy is also exactly what Ottawa, and many teams, need on the right side but he'd need to extend

Reactions: Kingspiracy

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
The Kings still lack a true physical presence to the forward group since guys like Clifford and Lucic left town.

Another interesting player would be Kastelic from the Sens, Is he available in a trade or considered part of the core young group?
Kastelic has really struggled this season and seemed destined to move - maybe even go on waivers - but his last few games have seen a return to form.

I could still see him moving but I think the decision is very much up in the air. A bit of a catch 22 where if he has any real trade value, we'll probably want to keep him.

I do like Lizotte & Roy a lot.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Roy is exactly what Ottawa needs but he is a UFA so id imagine they would only want to trade for him if it comes with an extension and id imagine it would cost more than Kastelic.

Kastelic is an interesting player, his physical tools are pretty good. But I don't know how much he has going on upstairs. He can really skate and he's a big guy and he's good in the dot, if he had more of a mean streak and brought a more consistent effort he would be very useful. But he really doesn't bring it nearly enough. Maybe he does someday but he has more nothing games than good ones.

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
I mean I think there's definitely something there for both teams, if and only if Roy is willing to sign in Ottawa.

Chychrun $4.6M
Tarasenko 50% at $2.5M (looking to extend)
Kastelic $800k
2025 3rd

Roy $3.1M (agrees to a 5x$6M deal)
Kaliyev $900k
Lizotte $1.6M
2024 1st

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I mean I think there's definitely something there for both teams, if and only if Roy is willing to sign in Ottawa.

Chychrun $4.6M
Kastelic $800k
2025 3rd

Kaliyev $900k
Lizotte $1.6M
2024 1st
No interest in Tarasenko, or Chychrun (although LA is constantly linked to him) or moving the first. I really hope this deal does not happen, but could see Blake doing it.

How about Kastelic for Lizotte

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
Lizotte could be interesting, I feel like Ottawa should surround Tkachuk with more pricks, he and Greig are the only ones who really seem to play on the edge.

Roy is also exactly what Ottawa, and many teams, need on the right side but he'd need to extend

I was thinking probably more along the lines of Roy +/- for Jeannot, thinking that the Lightning are closer and more likely to go for a pending ufa (with a try before you buy) than the Sens.

Lizzo for Kastelic would work for me, even though we are probably giving up the better hockey player.
Kastelic has really struggled this season and seemed destined to move - maybe even go on waivers - but his last few games have seen a return to form.

I could still see him moving but I think the decision is very much up in the air. A bit of a catch 22 where if he has any real trade value, we'll probably want to keep him.

I do like Lizotte & Roy a lot.
Thanks for the input on Kastelic. I'm not sure how much spark he has to his game, but he has stood up against some pretty big boys over the years and doesn't seem a complete liability on the ice.
Roy is exactly what Ottawa needs but he is a UFA so id imagine they would only want to trade for him if it comes with an extension and id imagine it would cost more than Kastelic.

Kastelic is an interesting player, his physical tools are pretty good. But I don't know how much he has going on upstairs. He can really skate and he's a big guy and he's good in the dot, if he had more of a mean streak and brought a more consistent effort he would be very useful. But he really doesn't bring it nearly enough. Maybe he does someday but he has more nothing games than good ones.
Sounds like he'd get on great with PLD

Chychrun $4.6M
Kastelic $800k
2025 3rd

Kaliyev $900k
Lizotte $1.6M
2024 1st
The re sign may be an issue, not sure. Not really interested in adding big $ to our cap with china doll or moving our first. If you have a halfway decent youngish netminder about to add to the equation something bigger may work than just the proposed Lizzo for Kastelic below.
No interest in Tarasenko, or Chychrun (although LA is constantly linked to him) or moving the first. I really hope this deal does not happen, but could see Blake doing it.

Yeah that'd work.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Bresbois rolled the dice on Jeannot, last thing a GM wants to do is give up on their gamble before it's had time to materialize

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Kings better off going for Yakov Trenin instead of Jeannot. Most of the same attributes, though doesn't fight much and lower offensive output, but has a more consistent game and is a better defensive/pk player. Will probably cost a lot less as well, e.g. ~2nd.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I don't know what's wrong here, Roy is the only one that needs to get a new contract asap.
The Kings shouldn't trade him at all
no room to re-sign him, re-sign QB and address goaltending.

IF QB was signed and we knew what that number looked like maybe you could find room for Roy, but then you would have to move Spence. I think that would be a mistake.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009

Chychrun $4.6M
Kastelic $800k
2025 3rd

Kaliyev $900k
Lizotte $1.6M
2024 1st

Not advocating for this either way, but as a thought experiment, this is how the Kings would look:

Byfield - Kopitar - Kempe
Moore - Dubois - Tarasenko
Fiala - Danault - Laferriere
Turcotte - Kastelic - Lewis

Chychrun - Doughty
Anderson - Clarke
Gavrikov - Spence

Still a clear need in net but it probably makes LA a better team today.

Last edited:

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
Not advocating for this either way, but as a thought experiment, this is how the Kings would look:

Chychrun - Doughty
Anderson - Clarke
Englund - Spence

I think it achieves a lot for both teams, but I don't think Roy would extend in Ottawa so it's probably moot.

For net.... any interest in Korpisalo @ $2M?:naughty:

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
You know you still need to replace Arvidsson too right?

Chychrun - Doughty
Anderson - Clarke
Englund - Spence

Gavrikov?

Reactions: kilowatt

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013

Yeah I would do that deal

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002

If he’d just play all the time like he has the last 3 here, he’d be our perfect longterm 4th centre.
When he plays his A game he’s a big fast hard hitting hard to play against dude.

Reactions: bert

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad