Confirmed with Link: Kings resign Tanner Pearson (4 years, 3.75 AAV)

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Lame comment. This is exactly the right term and amount for Pearson.

100% correct.

Honestly, Blake should be trying to get even more UFA years out of Toffoli.

You would lock him up through his (true) prime production years.

When Toffoli is due another contract at 30/31 years of age, you walk away/ or Trade him. Unless Toffoli accepts a huge discount at that age(he wouldn't).

Last edited:

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
i'm not really sure i would have been crying if pearson saw something like a 5y@4M given some of the contracts we're seeing dished out lately, so [email protected] sounds awful nice to me

guess the kid doesn't exactly strike me as a money chaser, probably doesn't hurt too much being jeff carter's permanent winger.. pretty nice gig.

curious how toffoli's shakes out, he doesn't really have much of a leg to negotiate on after last year but he's clearly the more "skilled" of the pair even if pearson outworks him.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
i'm not really sure i would have been crying if pearson saw something like a 5y@4M given some of the contracts we're seeing dished out lately, so [email protected] sounds awful nice to me

guess the kid doesn't exactly strike me as a money chaser, probably doesn't hurt too much being jeff carter's permanent winger.. pretty nice gig.

curious how toffoli's shakes out, he doesn't really have much of a leg to negotiate on after last year but he's clearly the more "skilled" of the pair even if pearson outworks him.

His only leverage is, taking a two-three year deal, stay healthy, pot another 30 goal season or two, then hit UFA.

His agent right now is telling him "DO NOT sign away ANY UFA years".

HookKing

Dec 12, 2008
Well done Blake. Kings have no more than a 3-4 yr window left so not bad, would have preferred 5 years (so he could still be eventually traded for the rebuild) but this is still very good.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
His only leverage is, taking a two-three year deal, stay healthy, pot another 30 goal season or two, then hit UFA.

His agent right now is telling him "DO NOT sign away ANY UFA years".
yeah i guess it's more my way of thinking to just look for years to guarantee a paycheck. suppose it does make more sense from his end to only sign for a few, hope he rebounds and then he also has a chance to escape LA with a nice payday if the team doesn't stay competitive

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
yeah i guess it's more my way of thinking to just look for years to guarantee a paycheck. suppose it does make more sense from his end to only sign for a few, hope he rebounds and then he also has a chance to escape LA with a nice payday if the team doesn't stay competitive

...and people get upset when it is suggested Doughty could leave.

We'll find out next season if the window is truly still open.

HookKing

Dec 12, 2008

In a strange way Blake has some unusual leverage if his agent plays hardball. He can threaten to make a deal with Vegas and maroon him there.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Toffoli can go play for Vegas, Vegas would have no problem opening the check book for a guy like Toffoli.

If you're going to overpay a guy, Toffoli is the type of guy you overpay for.

HookKing

Dec 12, 2008
Toffoli can go play for Vegas, Vegas would have no problem opening the check book for a guy like Toffoli.

If you're going to overpay a guy, Toffoli is the type of guy you overpay for.

Toffoli will not want to play in Vegas. Get real.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Toffoli will not want to play in Vegas. Get real.

If they offered him the money he wanted, he would.

Regardless, Blake is going to offer a fair contract, and Toffoli is probably going to take it.

The Pearson contract is very fair, for both sides.

HookKing

Dec 12, 2008
If they offered him the money he wanted, he would.

Regardless, Blake is going to offer a fair contract, and Toffoli is probably going to take it.

Vegas won't offer sheet him but if Blake works a deal he would be stuck there with no leverage at all since no other team would offer sheet him.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Toffoli just got engaged, his fiancé works for the Dodgers, and every offseason he sticks around here. I'd say he's pretty committed to LA.

He pretty much has to stay in LA, he is a RFA with very little leverage, other than term(years) of contract.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Not bad for a GM people questioned before he made any player personnel decisions.

Blake doesn't worry me. It's Luc that I'm concerned about, and the fact that we needed a shake up but just promoted a bunch of internal guys.

Last edited:

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Blake doesn't worry. It's Luc that I'm concerned about, and the fact that we needed a shake up but just promoted a bunch of internal guys.

Same, if you're going to clean house, then actually do it.

Why was Futa/Staff kept ? if one of the criticism, has been the drafting...

If we are going to blame Lombardi for all of that, then you are giving the entire scouting staff a pass...

That, I don't agree with.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Gold Medal Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,850.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Empoli vs AS Roma
    Empoli vs AS Roma
    Wagers: 2