Confirmed with Link: Kings Re-Sign Trevor "Stone Hands" Lewis

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
We really need better players than this in our bottom 6. Bee are a cap strapped team that cannot to spent 2nd and 3rd line prices on 4th line players.

We now have the following players being overpaid and underproducing offensively.

Dustin Brown
Trevor Lewis
Kyle Clifford
Matt Greene

Don't understand the need to re-sign him when we already have 9 bottom 6 guys.

CowMix

Go Kings Go!
Feb 12, 2006
The 3rd and 4th line blend together a lot of this team. I don't think it's fair to call Lewis a 4th liner.

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
We really need better players than this in our bottom 6. Bee are a cap strapped team that cannot to spent 2nd and 3rd line prices on 4th line players.

We now have the following players being overpaid and underproducing offensively.

Dustin Brown
Trevor Lewis
Kyle Clifford
Matt Greene

Don't understand the need to re-sign him when we already have 9 bottom 6 guys.

Lewis isn't overpaid, he would have easily got more on the open market (and I'm saying this as someone who wasn't thrilled at the idea of re-signing him). We do need to move some bodies from the bottom six though (looking at you Clifford)

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
For what Trevor Lewis brings, this is a bargain; I never thought he'd be under 2.5 and he easily would have gotten 3+ on the open market. Don't forget he's a UFA.

Trevor Lewis is a swiss army knife. He isn't 'the problem' in the bottom six. I would gladly move ANYONE in the bottom six before Lewis. His contract isn't bad simply because you feel others are bad.

This guy is our Kris Draper/Kirk Maltby. I'm stoked.

But this thread is just another example of the "DL can't win" summer, so meh.

CowMix

Go Kings Go!
Feb 12, 2006
I'm surprised Lewis would sign this discount so close to the expansion draft though, is DL planning to protect Lewis? This is a great contract to take instead of Brown if I'm Vegas.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I'm surprised Lewis would sign this discount so close to the expansion draft though, is DL planning to protect Lewis? This is a great contract to take instead of Brown if I'm Vegas.

Ugh, don't want to think about that right now :laugh:

NO way in hell he's protected, just have to hope his lack of production maybe scares them off.

Of course incoming career year for trevor

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
For what Trevor Lewis brings, this is a bargain; I never thought he'd be under 2.5 and he easily would have gotten 3+ on the open market. Don't forget he's a UFA.

Trevor Lewis is a swiss army knife. He isn't 'the problem' in the bottom six. I would gladly move ANYONE in the bottom six before Lewis. His contract isn't bad simply because you feel others are bad.

This guy is our Kris Draper/Kirk Maltby. I'm stoked.

But this thread is just another example of the "DL can't win" summer, so meh.

I like this signing. I think of him as Draper as well. We need to get rid of other players, and replace with skill. TL can play C or W, and kills penalties well, and is a good player to have out there when holding a lead in the 3rd.

CowMix

Go Kings Go!
Feb 12, 2006

NO way in hell he's protected, just have to hope his lack of production maybe scares them off.

Looking at the team though he easily could be someone that's protected. We can protect 7 forwards and Kopitar, Toffoli, Pearson, Carter are the only for sures. I would say it's a question mark right now if Gaborik will be protected.

Martyros

Allow me to retort
Aug 13, 2005
Holly Hood

DL can always make a trade in order for Vegas to take one of Brown/Gaborik.

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010

I can easily see Lewis being the 7th protected forward. After Kopi, Carter, Pearson, and Toffoli, the rest looks up in the air to me

Martyros

Allow me to retort
Aug 13, 2005
Holly Hood
Looking at the team though he easily could be someone that's protected. We can protect 7 forwards and Kopitar, Toffoli, Pearson, Carter are the only for sures. I would say it's a question mark right now if Gaborik will be protected.

Gaborik will be 35 next year, doubt he gets protected.

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
Sorry guys this is the worst summer ever.

Lewis gets a deal that takes him to 33? Jesus. Kings are going to be stuck with about 5 forwards over 30 with multi million dollar contracts.

Also, now the bottom 6 is still crowded with King, Lewis, Clifford and Brown all making big money. This is not the direction we wanted to go unless Kings deal one of Brown, King or Clifford.

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
Vegas is going to be thrilled when they look at the available choices from the Kings. Shore?? Andreoff?? Nolan?? Brown?? Gaborik?? Greene??

Martyros

Allow me to retort
Aug 13, 2005
Holly Hood
Sorry guys this is the worst summer ever.

Lewis gets a deal that takes him to 33? Jesus. Kings are going to be stuck with about 5 forwards over 30 with multi million dollar contracts.

Also, now the bottom 6 is still crowded with King, Lewis and Brown all making big money. This is not the direction we wanted to go unless Kings deal one of Brown, King or Clifford.

Lewis doesn't seem like the guy to tail off in his early 30's, considering he's not a world beater to start with. He's been consistent throughout his career as a defensive/enery versatile forward.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Lewis doesn't seem like the guy to tail off in his early 30's, considering he's not a world beater to start with. He's been consistent throughout his career as a defensive/enery versatile forward.

Pretty much, even at this age, his production has nowhere to go but up :laugh:

I'm only half joking.

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
I'm happy he's back and at a good cap, people complain that we're too slow, DL re signs one of our fastest skaters.

Seventyx7

Carter Enthusiast
Mar 3, 2004
Norcal
Most under-appreciated player on the Kings for years. Homegrown, does everything within his skill set to help the Kings win, plays hurt, nothing but 100% effort all the time. He said he wanted to stay with the Kings, and had the character to actually mean it. Good riddance Milan, Lewis is a true King.

Not only that, he's had some huge moments at biggest times; off the top of my head:

Game 6 2011 v SJ, late in third to send game to OT.
Game 5 2012 v VAN, chases down Hamhuis to set up Stoll clincher.
Game 6 2012 v NJ, two goals in cup clincher
Game 2 2013 v SJ, epic comeback game winner end of the third.
Game 6 2014 v ANA, winner v Jesus to force game 7.

$2M/year, easily could have gotten $2.5-3 on open market. Our Draper. Points aren't everything.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Honestly I think people are getting apprehensive because "2" sounds like a lot. Pretend it's JUST "1.9" like King and it sounds like a lot less ;)

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
Honestly I think people are getting apprehensive because "2" sounds like a lot. Pretend it's JUST "1.9" like King and it sounds like a lot less ;)

$2 million is great. Not like the Kings have any in house replacements. And a free agent will be at least a million more. I know Kruger plays center but look at that cap hit vs Lewis'.

BigBrown

Fly at eleven.
Feb 2, 2010
Sweden
That's a fair deal. Lewis gets long term security, Kings get to keep their best bottom 6 forward.

As an added bonus, now that the Ducks have traded Andersen we get to watch Lewis terrorize Gibson a couple more times a year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad