Confirmed with Link: Kings Re-Sign Clifford to 5-Year Deal

Face Wash

Mar 17, 2002
Visit site
I thought I'd come back to the Kings board for a minute after being banished to Brooklyn by Flour Child to say that deals like these are what make franchises dynasties. If Nick Shore signs for what he's worth and stays on the 4th line you have a long term group there for a scoche over $3M. Dean is about to solidify this team's greatness for a while longer. He's certainly in a position to do so.

Flour Child in the meantime solidified that he'd make a trbl HF GM by trading me, a seasoned veteran along the lines of an Andreychuk or a Stevens was 10 years into their careers, for an unknown commodity with the word Troll in his name. A shocking move that has even the L.A. Times columnists scratching their heads.

What would DARE say Flour, what would DARE say?

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I thought I'd come back to the Kings board for a minute after being banished to Brooklyn by Flour Child to say that deals like these are what make franchises dynasties. If Nick Shore signs for what he's worth and stays on the 4th line you have a long term group there for a scoche over $3M. Dean is about to solidify this team's greatness for a while longer. He's certainly in a position to do so.

Flour Child in the meantime solidified that he'd make a trbl HF GM by trading me, a seasoned veteran along the lines of an Andreychuk or a Stevens was 10 years into their careers, for an unknown commodity with the word Troll in his name. A shocking move that has even the L.A. Times columnists scratching their heads.

I think Plaschke just has dandruff.

driller1

Dry Island Reject
Feb 4, 2010

Rumor on the street is that Face Wash was a locker room cancer. Wouldn't sign the Dry Island pledge and probably wasn't going to re-sign…

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
Clifford has been a stud going back to last years playoffs.

I would make Pearson and TT a priority. Shore and Andreoff haven't proven anything.

RR is the only UFA I would re-sign, though I have a feeling Stoll is coming back at a discount, which I don't mind, if the Kings can dump Richards'.

Ron*

I wonder if these were just the first two dominoes. I bet that we will hear something soon in regards to new deals for Jones, Shore and Pearson. Toffoli may be a bit more complicated.

Not complicated at all. Didn't you know we were sending Toffoli and a 1st to Buffalo for a 3rd and two practice goalie nets?

Winger23

May 3, 2007
I think it's also telling how much his teammates like having him around. during one of the epix airings, I remember Kopi saying something like, if he got punched in the face like clifford did he'd be out like 2 months. Total respect for Cliffy and a great signing imo.

Ron*

LMAO. Lombardi would be lucky to get a bag of Timbits for Andreoff.

You read my mind. I was going to say a bag of peanuts.

I can't recall a player taking less advantage of the few opportunities he has had than AA. Guy has been totally useless.

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
I'm not Clifford's biggest fan, but you can't really argue with that deal. Good signing. At least he'll retain a good amount of value with that contract even if for some reason he underperforms which I think he won't.

Ron*

Clifford has been a stud going back to last years playoffs.

I would make Pearson and TT a priority. Shore and Andreoff haven't proven anything.

RR is the only UFA I would re-sign, though I have a feeling Stoll is coming back at a discount, which I don't mind, if the Kings can dump Richards'.

Shore has been getting incrementally better each game. I thought he played his best game of the season last night.

I wouldn't be shipping him out just yet.

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
I didn't say ship him out, I just meant he is in no position to ask for a big raise.

Clifford has had a great year, Nolan has picked up his play recently and played a big role in the first cup run.

Alternate Jersey

Jul 8, 2010
Bakersfield, CA
i'm happy cliffy is staying. i have to admit that more often than not nowadays i'm a little scared for him whenever he starts to fight, but man, he even takes punches well. i don't like seeing his head get knocked around, though, so i'd be okay with him toning that down a bit. that being said, it's not uncommon for him to be one of the quickest guys on the ice and i think he's one of those that never quits in a game, regardless of the score or how anyone else is playing.

and dean is definitely working some magic the last couple of days. hope that continues going into monday.

I think Plaschke just has dandruff.

this had me laughing out loud in the office. :laugh:

Last edited:

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011

lmao

AmadiosAmigos

Oct 27, 2010
Discount or not, I hope we dont re-sign Stoll. He's been a fabulous player for us, but its time to move on. We need cap space in every way we can, re-signing him at even a discount takes away from it. Im not too sure how much of a discount he will get anyways. I could see a team like Edmonton or Toronto thats young bringing him in as a mentor and willing to pay him more then he could refuse.

I dont believe we'll be getting rid of Richards, just dont see another team taking him. With his cap still being around, he slots back in as 3/4 with Shore taking the other spot. Sutter has shown that he rolls all 4 lines out in all situations, save maybe the 4th line in the last minute. I dont think losing Stoll's defense hurts as much as we think. Shore looks like he could develop quite well there with even more offensive upside. On top of that, Carter and Kopitar can easily fill in on faceoffs. Ever since the new faceoff penalty was imposed Stoll hasnt been nearly as good in the circle.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
How does everyone feel Clifford stacks up compared to Winnik? Winnik is making $1.3M this year an will be a UFA.
IMO they play similar roles but I like Clifford over Winnik (worried that I maybe a homer though)
Will be interesting to see what Winnik signs for if he hits the open market. If it's more than Clifford we know for sure cliff's deal is money. If he signs for less I still think Clifford's deal is good value

PJ Kings Hockey

Oct 15, 2013
From LAKingsInsider:

“It’s where I want to be. We’re a family. We all want to be here. There are 23 guys that, we bleed for each other, we love each other and that’s what makes it fun.â€

Sniff. There's, ahem, something in my eye.

Captain Mittens*

He'd quote some Social Distortion lyrics

I’m hopelessly aware
Of the good and the bad traits we share
It’s like looking at myself
And I know that at times
I could’ve handled things differently
Oh, but know my intentions were well

They say if you love someone you gotta let them go
And if they return to you that’s surely how you’ll know

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad