Speculation: Kings need to reset the pipeline for this deep draft when teams are desperate.

SaltyElkHunter

Grocery Shopping in the woods
Apr 24, 2019
Utah
Do you guys think the kings need to move 3-4 nhl ready prospects along with some older vets in the roster to make room for the guys that are on the cusp?

All of them can’t play at once and we are starting to have waiver issues. What prospects would you guys move along to make room to keep the pipeline flowing?

This years draft is supposed to be nutso deep and 2nd round and 3rd round picks could easily be picked up.

Personally I would love to see Blake get us 2-3 extra second rounders and maybe a late first to let Yanetti do his thing.

Iafollo
Durzi
JAD
Walker
Lemieux
L Anderson

Reactions: kinghock

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
Not sure Iafollo is but sounds like he did something bad in Godfather II.

1545085457-104-The-Godfather-2-quotes.gif

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Do you guys think the kings need to move 3-4 nhl ready prospects along with some older vets in the roster to make room for the guys that are on the cusp?

All of them can’t play at once and we are starting to have waiver issues. What prospects would you guys move along to make room to keep the pipeline flowing?

This years draft is supposed to be nutso deep and 2nd round and 3rd round picks could easily be picked up.

Personally I would love to see Blake get us 2-3 extra second rounders and maybe a late first to let Yanetti do his thing.

Iafollo
Durzi
JAD
Walker
Lemieux
L Anderson
Completely talking out of my ass but let’s say the following occur..
Byfield comes back from Ontario, the difference we expected.
Ditto for Spence
Turcotte finally had a semi healthy season and produces
Clarke has a very productive season
Gabe and Arty continue with their development.. and become stars for us

Going into the draft you the following players you could move..
Matt Roy… what does a top 4 go for these days
Viktor Ardvisson
Alex Iafallo
Sean Walker.. will probably be traded this season but just for giggles
Blake Lizotte.. will depend on Helenius
Sean Durzi… what would he command if he hits 50pts?

And most attractive piece of they have found a long term solution for a LHD…
Adrian Kempe

Those are just names off the top of my head but then you have
Rasmus Kupari
Samuel Fagemo
JAD… will likely be traded so pennies
Helge Grans
Are very attractive pieces for a rebuilding club..

The Kings can do a lot of things, will they do it is another thing..

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com

Iafollo
Durzi
JAD
Walker
Lemieux
L Anderson
I dont know if you get a 2nd each out of Iafallo and Durzi.. the rest is going to get you not much of anything.

Reactions: BringTheReign

SaltyElkHunter

Grocery Shopping in the woods
Apr 24, 2019
Utah
I dont know if you get a 2nd each out of Iafallo and Durzi.. the rest is going to get you not much of anything.
I think Durzi gets a late first at deadline if his points hold .

Iafollo and a prospect 2nd
Walker or Roy and a prospect 2nd

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Yeah let’s reset the pipeline, Blake and Company have shown that they’re really good at handling prospects. Smh.

AbsentMojo

Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
I think Durzi gets a late first at deadline if his points hold .

Iafollo and a prospect 2nd
Walker or Roy and a prospect 2nd
Maybe Durzi moves the needle at the deadline because of his offense which is usually what teams are craving (maybe an injury to a PP QB).. but no one else in that list is going to be getting anyone excited for a deadline deal unless its a package. I do like the idea of selling though.. so im on board.

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
Yeah let’s reset the pipeline, Blake and Company have shown that they’re really good at handling prospects.
Finally we agree:

JAD
Fagemo
Grundstrom
Kaliyev
Vilardi
Kupari
Byfield
Durzi
Bjornfot
Andersen
Clarke

Did I miss anyone?

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Finally we agree:

JAD
Fagemo
Grundstrom
Kaliyev
Vilardi
Kupari
Byfield
Durzi
Bjornfot
Andersen
Clarke

Did I miss anyone?
Look at all those LDs and Centers <3. I honestly have no idea how the Kings do it, all those top 6 centers just flooding the roster right now. Kopitars trying to beat them off from his position. Tons of competition right now. Wonder boy Adrian Kempe that you and a few others were acting like he’s the result of patience in the development. Love how that year wasn’t just an anomaly with how well he’s emulating it now especially when you consider players tend to play harder on contract years, glad that Adrian isn’t showing us that that wasn’t the case. Wouldn’t want you to continue being wrong and obtuse.

Last edited:

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020

Iafollo
Durzi
JAD
Walker
Lemieux
L Anderson
i agree with your list with one change. jad stays and Lizzotte replaces him as he would in game action

• Haha
Reactions: Surf Nutz

AbsentMojo

Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Yeah let’s reset the pipeline, Blake and Company have shown that they’re really good at handling prospects. Smh.
Are u suggesting do nothing and hope everyone gets fired? Im hoping they see that the roster is 2 big moves away (LD, Goalie) from patching the obvious holes and not give up too much this year to attempt relevancy. Id like to see converting one of the wings making > 4mil to a big LD making about the same (assuming the salary is right for their quality) e.g soucy or zadarov types - i doubt those 2 will be available. To me a 3rd move would be to clean out all the redundancy in the RD and bring in a Girard type (left handed Durzi with better skating and defense) to push offense while DD stabilizes that pair. Either that or bring in a 2C to skate w Fiala on the top line until Byfield or someone is ready - a center whose contract expires by 24/25. That implies Kopi to 2nd line and Danault to 3rd.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Are u suggesting do nothing and hope everyone gets fired? Im hoping they see that the roster is 2 big moves away (LD, Goalie) from patching the obvious holes and not give up too much this year to attempt relevancy. Id like to see converting one of the wings making > 4mil to a big LD making about the same (assuming the salary is right for their quality) e.g soucy or zadarov types - i doubt those 2 will be available. To me a 3rd move would be to clean out all the redundancy in the RD and bring in a Girard type (left handed Durzi with better skating and defense) to push offense while DD stabilizes that pair. Either that or bring in a 2C to skate w Fiala on the top line until Byfield or someone is ready - a center whose contract expires by 24/25. That implies Kopi to 2nd line and Danault to 3rd.
My comment was sarcastic. The kings need to do moves and move rookies since the drafting and development has been poor. If the Kings want to salvage the rebuild they have to pick up the phone.

Reactions: AbsentMojo

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity

Iafollo
Durzi
JAD
Walker
Lemieux
L Anderson

pipeline for this deep draft when teams are desperate.​

: when teams are despetrerate? the Kings need to be desperate for EVERYTHING!!!!...not just 2rd - 3 rd picks​

AbsentMojo

Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
My comment was sarcastic. The kings need to do moves and move rookies since the drafting and development has been poor. If the Kings want to salvage the rebuild they have to pick up the phone.
Ya i went literal.. the current state of roster, that comment couldve been taken literally

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Ya i went literal.. the current state of roster, that comment couldve been taken literally
Yeah. Kings are headed towards another rebuild if they don’t start moving picks and rookies to fill LD and goalie. There’s legit no other way to salvage the rebuild. They have nothing internally for those spots.

AbsentMojo

Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Yes, he already stated that he hoped the Kings would go 0-6 on this current road trip so that everyone could get fired. Isn't that awesome?
Ya well we all have our tolerance level for seeing the team become a contender. They havent done shit in 8 years. RB into his 6th year guiding the team, and there are some big holes. Id say Sol is on the less patient end of the spectrum as am I.

No Name The Nameless

Feb 15, 2019
Tornado Alley
Roy is a more valuable piece than you guys are giving him credit for. He’s the kind of guy that would easily get a second rounder at the deadline. Look at what defenseman bring. He’s being hampered by his line mate. Any scout will see that.

Reactions: lumbergh

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
Ya well we all have our tolerance level for seeing the team become a contender. They havent done shit in 8 years. RB into his 6th year guiding the team, and there are some big holes. Id say Sol is on the less patient end of the spectrum as am I.
I love it when we use the term ‘contender’ for a team who wasn’t even supposed to make the playoffs last year.

Just kinda proves what a delusional fan base we are.

• Love

AbsentMojo

Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
I love it when we use the term ‘contender’ for a team who wasn’t even supposed to make the playoffs last year.

Just kinda proves what a delusional fan base we are.
fan = abbrev of fanatic (so possibly delusional)- thats actually the passion Id want if I were the team owner. Now to put things in perspective, Toronto fans have a lot more to gripe about.. doesnt mean we should be content with another 45 year drought. When I say contender it doesnt mean making the playoffs..it means building a team that can get through 4 rounds. I think last year was a great accomplishment for last years team. This years team looks to be a regression even though a very nice piece was added who will be a fan favorite for years to come. The d-corps is def a step back from last year - so that is what is frustrating. Its totally correctable.. would like to see moves in the right direction. Cal in Ontario is a good sign, shows that there is some accountability that should wake up the team. Less minutes for 8 and 11.. a kick in the ass for Kempe, some better personnel in OT.. play PP2 as PP1.. if those things happen there will be less griping im sure.

Last edited:

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com

Iafollo
Durzi
JAD
Walker
Lemieux
L Anderson
Iafollo - Is very unlikely to be traded, he is the engine oil that keeps the engine running smoothly wherever it is needed. Seen earlier this season. Very good with byfield, Kopitar loves playing with him and palyed well on other lines too. Plus he surfs!

Durzi- I wouldn't trade Sean unless it is a definite upgrade both on D and O. If he improves on D in the next couple seasons, he will be a commodity and we need his offense. 3d + PP.

JAD- Very tradeable but whats he worth a 3rd or 4th?
Walker- Very tradeable but would need an upgrade to go into the current lineup.

Lemieux- Can not afford to lose any grit or even pseudo toughness. Wants to be here, negotiated down in price.

L Anderson- Very tradeable but only worth a 3rd probably.

This is why nothing has happend yet.
I encourage Uncle Rob to continue to wait until closer to the TDL and not get taken advantage of.
Building up assets and protecting them is a good thing.

Not burning elc's and delaying FA are very smart moves that pay dividends if you get to true contender status.
Sell high make moves at the opportune moment.
Not when the whole world know you are in a weak spot.
Big moves are made to get you to contender status not from struggling to long shot status.

Kudelski37

Feb 19, 2021
Yeah. Kings are headed towards another rebuild if they don’t start moving picks and rookies to fill LD and goalie. There’s legit no other way to salvage the rebuild. They have nothing internally for those spots.
The Kings need to trade vets that can be replaced by current Reign players....like Arvidsson and Durzi that can be replaced by Fagemo and Spence, respectively. These vets can be traded for futures or to fill holes. Trading cheap players for vets leads to black hole seasons since the team won't have cap space to add free agents and there is little chance of veterans out performing their contract.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
The Kings need to trade vets that can be replaced by current Reign players....like Arvidsson and Durzi that can be replaced by Fagemo and Spence, respectively. These vets can be traded for futures or to fill holes. Trading cheap players for vets leads to black hole seasons since the team won't have cap space to add free agents and there is little chance of veterans out performing their contract.
Yup I agree with all of this. The positions of weakness are way too strong to not ship players and picks out just to stabilize the team

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
fan = abbrev of fanatic (so possibly delusional)- thats actually the passion Id want if I were the team owner. Now to put things in perspective, Toronto fans have a lot more to gripe about.. doesnt mean we should be content with another 45 year drought. When I say contender it doesnt mean making the playoffs..it means building a team that can get through 4 rounds. I think last year was a great accomplishment for last years team. This years team looks to be a regression even though a very nice piece was added who will be a fan favorite for years to come. The d-corps is def a step back from last year - so that is what is frustrating. Its totally correctable.. would like to see moves in the right direction. Cal in Ontario is a good sign, shows that there is some accountability that should wake up the team. Less minutes for 8 and 11.. a kick in the ass for Kempe, some better personnel in OT.. play PP2 as PP1.. if those things happen there will be less griping im sure.
Dude, even when this team was on a tear last season, this board was full of gripes. It’s quite disturbing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad