Confirmed with Link: Kings extend Roy

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Glad to see he's signed but I wanted it for longer. He's a UFA at the end of the contract so that worries me. Or am I worrying over nothing?

You're overthinking most likely. The cap is gonna go up from the ESPN deal, kings are in a good spot cap wise at the moment, and then we'd have shed some contracts by then and be even in a better spot. This is a good bridge deal, if the Kings want to retain him in the future, it'd be more than possible to do so.

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008
You're overthinking most likely. The cap is gonna go up from the ESPN deal, kings are in a good spot cap wise at the moment, and then we'd have shed some contracts by then and be even in a better spot. This is a good bridge deal, if the Kings want to retain him in the future, it'd be more than possible to do so.

The cap is not going up because of the ESPN deal. It will be flat for atleast next year, if not out for 2-3 more seasons. Just to much lost revenue from no fans the last year and going forward.

There is also potential for the Canadian deal to stay flat or even shrink, let alone all that tv revenue will be now split into another piece with Seattle coming in.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
You're overthinking

This article is from July 12, but I think the rules are still in force

upload_2021-3-22_9-51-29.png

NHL salary cap to remain same next season

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA

In the future yes, but not next season, maybe not for the next two seasons. Commish was already on record and couple weeks ago confirming that, and all the GM's are planning on a flat cap for at least the next two seasons.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
This article is from July 12, but I think the rules are still in force

View attachment 411059

NHL salary cap to remain same next season

In the future yes, but not next season, maybe not for the next two seasons. Commish was already on record and couple weeks ago confirming that, and all the GM's are planning on a flat cap for at least the next two seasons.

I didn't know that, thank you.

However I think the Kings are easily covered when the time comes to become a contending team. They're in a good spot right now, and it will only get better in the next few years.

Reactions: Lt Dan

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
I didn't know that, thank you.

However I think the Kings are easily covered when the time comes to become a contending team. They're in a good spot right now, and it will only get better in the next few years.
Indeed. This plays right in to our hands.
We still could probably take a shitty contract on that is it 1-2 seasons longer.

A lot of cap room opens up this offseason

Reactions: YP44

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Indeed. This plays right in to our hands.
We still could probably take a shitty contract on that is it 1-2 seasons longer.

A lot of cap room opens up this offseason
And/Or, we can finally sign a top UFA or two... Lots of big names heading into UFA over the next 2 years

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Glad to see he's signed but I wanted it for longer. He's a UFA at the end of the contract so that worries me. Or am I worrying over nothing?
The only way he’s signing for longer at anything like that AAV is if his agent is incompetent. Its a great deal for both parties as it gives Roy a chance to cash in whilst the Kings get one or two prime years. He’d also be a perfectly good trade piece once he gets to that final year once someone like Faber gets close. It’s a win-win.

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Walker is extemely underrated on these boards. He is a top 4 defenseman. He's got speed and he makes the right decision with the puck.
He looked like a potential top 4 last year but I feels he’s taken a step back this season. Right now he is not a top 4 on a play-off team and whilst I like him I don’t think there’s a spot here for him in 3 years time, not unless he finds his form of last season and quickly builds on it.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Walker is above team averages without MacD, far below with him

Walker without Macdermid: ~188 minutes, slightly harder zone starts, 0.60 CF%rel, -6.27 GF%rel, 1.92 GF/60, 2.87 GA/60
Walker attached to MacDermid: ~118 minutes, slightly safer zones, -5.22 CF%rel, -12.67 GF%rel, 2.55 GF/60, 5.11 GA/60

He hasn't been as good this year as last year, but he also didn't get his face blown up last year and the MacDermid effect is awful.

IMO he's a good Alec Martinez type--a GREAT #5, a GOOD 2nd pairing guy, can matinee on the top pairing if needed.

All The Kings Men

Apr 7, 2016
Indeed

Maata plays great with Walker. in fact anyone but McD does

Maatta/Walker are a fascinating pair... like Muzzin/Martinez a few years ago

Great "possession stats"

Among pairs with 100 minutes played
16th overall in CF% (56.63%) 1st on the Kings
20th in xGF% (58.34%) 1st on Kings
just a 39% Offensive Zone start

BUT....

Scary "actual stats" (goals allowed)

Worst on the Kings in GF% 13th worst in the NHL
2nd worst on LAK GA/60 8th worst in the NHL

Walker/MacD are actually the worst in GA/60 on the Kings and 3rd worst in the NHL

The PDO for the Maatta/Walker combo is loowwwwww. Part of that is a low shooting% but they also have a bad on ice save% so I'm assuming risky turnovers that wind up instantly in the back of the net are driving some of those numbers.

Fancy stats ain't everything as it turns out... but they aren't nothing either.

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
Maatta and Strand seemed to do well in their limited sample size together.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00