Kings Deal Captain

Dempsey

Mark it zero
Mar 1, 2002
Ladner, BC
The era of Rob Blake as captain of the HFNHL Los Angeles Kings is over.

Blake has been traded, along with a 5th round draft pick, to the Carolina Hurricanes. In exchange, the Kings receive a first round draft pick (CGY) in 2007, standout prospect Alex Goligoski, and throw-in veterans Mike Rathje and Eric Daze.

Blake has been the captain of the Kings since day one, when GM Mike McEwan took on the job some eight years ago. He was the last of the original roster players, after forwards Olli Jokinen and Glen Murray were dealt last season.

LA continues to quietly re-build, working toward better days in the HFNHL. The club has a wealth of young players, but the immediate future still calls for rocky times as many prospects are still a year or two away. Rumors have it that the team may add a forward or two this off-season via free agency.

Kyle Calder remains on the block.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
That's a good trade, Mike. Glad to see it worked out for you.

Good addition for Carolina as well - these are going to be some interesting playoff races and postseason matchups, I tell you what...

Dempsey

Mark it zero
Mar 1, 2002
Ladner, BC
Thanks. I hope to see Blake succeed in Carolina. And for the Kings, it gives us an offensive blueliner prospect in Goligoski, and an extra first rounder to select with.

Mike

SPG

Feb 27, 2002
Utica, NY
Visit site
I wonder how many players are still with their original teams after all these years. My only remaining original player is Marc Savard...

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
The last original Blue Jacket roster player (from the 2000 HFNHL expansion draft) was Mike Lecerc, who was traded away earlier this season for Mike Grier. Henrik Sedin was added the following season, and is the only player still around from that year (Michael Leighton, Jim Vandermeer and Philippe Boucher were also acquired that year, but were traded or lost to free agency over the past 12 months).

HFNHL Red Wings

The only one for the Wings that has been here the whole time is Lidstrom.

I do have guys with asterisks besides their names such as Shanahan and Draper who are on their second and third tours of duty respectively with the Wings but that's it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad